Author: Subject: Windsurfing/Surfing in Cyprus
zebedee23
Hot shot

Member #: 488
Posts 33

Mood:

posted on 22-6-2005 at 15:00 Reply With Quote
Windsurfing/Surfing in Cyprus

I'm guessing not much chance of surf there in August, but how about anywhere to hire windsurf stuff? I'll be in Paphos - on my honeymoon - yay! - and will probably want to hunt some kit down at some point to hire it. I have spotted Surf Cyprus but seeing as their forum has been hacked and they are boasting about having 2003 kit, I assume they may not still be about. Is there anywhere else people have had good experiences of hiring kit from? If not, I'm sure I'll find plenty else to do!
MarkyP
Pro

Member #: 1281
Posts 90

Mood: ?.... ?......indecisive

posted on 23-6-2005 at 07:09 Reply With Quote
Surf Cyprus is still going strong as far as I know, a few friends have booked some kitesurfing with them in August. It's based in Pissouri, but the best places to sail are about another 10-15 mins West from there.

August and July are the hottest and windiest months. Generaly the wind won't fill till around noon or later then blows till about 6-7pm. I went for 7 days last year and kitesurfed everyday. I'm going back mid August this year for more of the same 10 days this time though!!

Give Surf Cyprus a call they're pretty helpful guys and I'm sure they'll have some kit for you.

Enjoy

Palmer
Beach Bum

Member #: 400
Posts 29

Mood:

posted on 23-6-2005 at 11:47 Reply With Quote
Sailing In Cyprus

I've sailed with some of the guys at Surf Cyprus 2 years ago. Oh my god it's going to be veeeery warm in August. Take ya factor 50.
The whole of the island is know freely accesable to tourists i believe, it used to be difficult to get from South to North.
You should be able to get hold of the guys through the web-site still or you could try :
Alex Mellor - 00357 9975 5536
He's the guy who runs it. They also have a shop in Evesham.
Aztec Watersports - 01386 860 013
I have a friend who runs a tour company over there, if you need a hire car or info let me know.
Mind you if yr on ya honeymoon........?

zebedee23
Hot shot

Member #: 488
Posts 33

Mood:

posted on 23-6-2005 at 12:25 Reply With Quote
that would be great if you could give me the details of the company as I am intending to hire a car for a couple of days at least. we may as well go to a few different places to.... sight-see [ahem]

thanks for the info so far! I've e-mailed them with a query about kit hire (and mtb hire)

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy