Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: FON Pembro Trip 22-24 Nov??
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 15-11-2002 at 13:30 Reply With Quote
Not to worry, looks as though most people have had the same idea, so we'll postpone the trip until theres a weekend with a better forecast (with at least a chance of some wind or waves).

So, keep an eye on the forecast and we'll make a last minute decision. we'll still go to Pembrokeshire and meet in the same places etc.

Its probably a better way to do things anyway rather than trying to arrange such trips too far in advance.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

MartinF
Pro

Worst Wipeout Award 2003

Member #: 72
Posts 79

Mood: needing time out

posted on 15-11-2002 at 13:52 Reply With Quote
Hi Al,

I'll definitely be up for it. The next suitable-looking weekend?

I know only too well from the Nomads calendar that we only get wind from the right direction & in sufficient quantities for the venue chosen about 20% of the time. The calendar is set up to 9 months in advance "so members can plan their trips in advance". Pros & cons both ways, I guess.

Cheers,
MartinF

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 18-11-2002 at 14:58 Reply With Quote
Hows about this w/e?

OK, I know its still a little too early to tell what will happen this coming weekend, but things look much more lively than they did last weekend, so what do y'all think about meeting up in Pembrokeshire this weekend (22nd-24th)??

Soul Surfers surf report says:
quote:

SOUTH WEST AND WALES (and south western ireland)

A new swell should start to develop today and bring some solid moderate to large waves tomorrow. With south easterly breezes offshore in many parts north shore could go hollow and heavy for the brave. South coasts will be poor. Later in the week strong south westerly winds will develop and bring a lot more weather than people want coupled with some very large destructive swells. Deep shelter will be essential next weekend

OK, it might be too much for most people down in Cornwall, but Pembrokeshire which is more protected could in that case be perfect...And if the main exposed beaches go absolutely mad there are plenty of sheltered beaches that will hold a decent wave anyway.

Also, the isobar chart for Fri looks OK...A nice big low centred over us, so we should at least get some wind at some point during the weekend if the forecasts stay as they are...

Who's up for it??

Al.

justal has attached this image:

MartinF
Pro

Worst Wipeout Award 2003

Posts 79

posted on 19-11-2002 at 11:33 Reply With Quote
Agreed - it's looking good through Saturday now & poss Sunday. I'm up for it unless something drastic happens.

Martin

qualigs
Hot shot

Member #: 9
Posts 32

Mood: Moochin'

posted on 19-11-2002 at 13:10 Reply With Quote
Ill certainly try. My assignments are all in this Friday so providing they all go Ok Ill make the trip. The van is only working in dry weather at the minute so that will be pretty important too. My wetsuit is still soaking wet in the box from the last trip so ill have to sort that out.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Steve
Beach Bum

Fashion Victim 2003

Member #: 33
Posts 29

Mood:

posted on 19-11-2002 at 20:44 Reply With Quote
I'll be up for it Al, as long as the forcast remains decent.
justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 20-11-2002 at 16:27 Reply With Quote
Heres the latest surf and wind forecasts for the weekend:

quote:

SOUTH WEST AND WALES (and south western ireland)

The current large north westerly swells will continue until they are blown away by the strengthening southerly wind. The wind will get even stronger and turn westerly for Friday and Saturday but should turn southerly again and lighten on Sunday. The main new swell will start to come in overnight on Thursday. Friday's waves will be truly awesome for all coastal areas with the buoys probably showing more than 10 meteres and 15 seconds. Unfortunately they will be blown out at all the exposed spots so shelter will be essential but some special storm spots sgould show some amazing waves. Hopefully, when the winds turn southerly again on Sunday the exposed spots will go offshore and become surfable. Tides are just coming off springs and high around 8am/pm at the weekend.

Looks like the Pemnrokeshire trip could be pretty good this time!

There should be a few people there as well which will be good.

Al.

MartinF
Pro

Worst Wipeout Award 2003

Posts 79

posted on 21-11-2002 at 14:49 Reply With Quote
Still looking good . Forecasts I've seen today for the w/end are ranging from SSE thru' SSW and F4-F7. I'll be there!

Any plans for meeting up? Anyone heading out tomorrow (Fri)? Contingencies? - How about Newgale, Sat am?

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 21-11-2002 at 21:32 Reply With Quote
Yep, its looking good.

I'll be driving down tomorrrow evening and should get there around 7pm... I'll meet anyone else driving down tomorrow in the Harbour Inn, Solva.

I'm not sure how many people will turn up (a couple have pulled out at the last minute again). James and Des should still be coming and Ken and maybe Joe, and of course Martin and me!....Even if theres just a few of us it should be good.

If possible (condition wise) then we'll sail/surf from Newgale as its pretty good there for both. If its completely mad, as in BIG surf then Broad Haven will probably be better.

And Dale is always just down the road and can actually be quite good in a SE??... I think everyone knows my mobile number, so we should all manage to meet up somewhere on Sat.

Those who need to, let me know and I'll ring / text you once we decide where we'll be on the Saturday... We'll be in the Harbour Inn (Solva) again in the evening.

See you all there.

Al.

<<  1    2  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy