Author: Subject: A few little tweaks
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 1-3-2003 at 19:58 Reply With Quote
A few little tweaks

I've made a few little tweaks to the site today, but nothing significant. I've added a hack to the forums that counts how many guests have visitied the site today and displays the number in the 'whose online' section at the bottom of the front page of the forums.

At the moment it only counts the visitors that have been to the forums, not the visitors that have been to any of the other pages. It wasn't that easy to do as I had to make it so that it only counted each visitor once and ignored any visits by 'robots' such as search engine spiders. I think its working correctly now, but let me know if it dislays anything weird.

I've also added an e-mail notification for new U2U messages. So if you leave a U2U message for a member they should be notified of its presence by e-mail.

Anything to prevent me starting the mammoth task of making the beach guide database driven!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 7-3-2003 at 22:35 Reply With Quote
Hehe, just made a couple of more little tweaks...well it looks like one to you, but it was actually 5... just put a little mouseover effect on the cells in the forums. Just to make things a little prettier...and even more YELLOW!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy