Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Noob wonderin what I need?
patjunfa

Member #: 7262
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 28-12-2007 at 22:38 Reply With Quote
Noob wonderin what I need?

Hi All

I've been into surfin for years, kitesurfin for a couple of years, tho I've moved inland-Tipperary. There are lakes nearby, that wouldn't do for kitein on, but I think would suit windsurfing. I cant find any irish based forums to ask on so hopein someone here can help.
I'm wondering basically what equipment I would need, and how much I might hope to get it for. A guy told me before, I might be lucky on ebay and get a couple of sails and basic rest of equipment for 5-600 euro. I have a seat harness already from kitein.
Any advice on what I'd need, how much to hope to pay(need to justify another indulgence to my wife) or where to look for such info etc much appreciated

Thanks

Regards

Patrick

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 29-12-2007 at 09:07 Reply With Quote
Hi Patrick, I'm pretty out of touch with beginners kit these days and it will all depend on your level of ability, your weight, your aspirations and the conditions you are likely to sail in... Although, flat water lake sailing inland will be ideal conditions for learning in so you will need a biggish board and if possible a couple of sails...

The main thing people here will need to know in order to give you some advice will be your weight as the more you weigh, the bigger the board you will need.

If you expect to progress fairly quickly then a big, fairly modern free-ride board should be ideal as it will have the stability and volume to help you master the basics but will also be a useful all round board once you can do it properly whereas a full on beginners board will only be useful in the early stages.

The same for sails really, a modern freeride sail will be ideal. You can get some deals from eBay but there is also LOADS of worthless kit for sale there too so ask here before buying and also make sure you take into account postage as many boards are collection only from eBay.

You can pick up 2nd hand kit from dealers at a decent price too and should at least be able to get some useful advice from them too.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy