<<  1    2    3  >>
Author: Subject: Borth Massif France Excursion Summer 2009
Loxley
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1919
Posts 382

Mood: all I need is everything...

posted on 14-7-2009 at 07:50 Reply With Quote
had the brakes done yesterday, i had the chassis uprated a while back to increase the payload so within the limit there.
hope to use the boat where we are going on lake cazaux at biscarrosse, otherwise in the arcachon basin. either way it's there for when there is no wind or just to play around doing something different, spot of fishing etc etc. taking the kneeboard, wakeboard and hotdog so should be something for everyone.

baileyman
Pro

Member #: 1933
Posts 114

Mood: Reflective

posted on 14-7-2009 at 08:47 Reply With Quote
Hi all

Have a cracking trip. I'm off to La Rochelle on 12th Aug for 2 weeks of dinghy racing and hopefully some kiting in between if wind and time permits.

Will be parked up at the municpal site near Les Minimes yacht harbour from 13th - 28th. So if any of you guys are still out there and passing La Rochelle then drop in for a bevy.

Plan on staying on after the racing til mid-sept and dropping south to Hourtin, Arcachon and Biscarosse. Hopefully the wind will be kind and I'll get some kiting in down there.

Catch you all mid-September.

Bon Voyage and see ya soon

Rich

Loxley
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 382

posted on 15-7-2009 at 12:15 Reply With Quote
Has anybody actually booked up a camp site for any time over the next 2 weeks ?
It's just that as it is high season from this weekend then we may be fighting for space and as there will be 4 or 5 vans it's a bit more problematic than being just one.
Thoughts everyone ?

Loxley
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 382

posted on 15-7-2009 at 12:37 Reply With Quote
for a last minute 'taster / teaser' , then here is set of webcams on the beach at biscarrosse. cant see A&K tho !

http://www.biscarrosse.com/Webcam-a-l-ocean

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 15-7-2009 at 18:42 Reply With Quote
CAMP SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! struth Mark you dont stay in those, there full of peeps in tents, and in France the private ones will cost you a fortune! the only one i have stayed on is the municipal at Kersily just outside plouharnel and thats more like staying in the dunes; 6E per night last year.
there are loads of spots down roads to beaches, behind beaches that are free and usually more fun and less crowded.
sent Spooks a great place to stop over after the ferry just north of le mans little ville called Gace, in the aires book; oh and thats also free!

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

andy B
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1118
Posts 209

Mood: ah ripped again

posted on 15-7-2009 at 19:56 Reply With Quote
hi all, got to say we were on the beach today and the sea was mental red flaged all day behind the aire
( biscarrosse plage ) .stumbled across 2 campsites on the lac and they are asking silly money, of course this is only my opinion and iam tight but 28- 40 euros, saying that they did look high spec

there are lots of aires around asking 6-8 euros they are alittle cramped though and lots of rules, some are in very nice settings by the lac 10 to 15 k from beach,
i think this is where you will use your boat mark there will be a fee, i will find out how much tomorrow and let you know .
looking forward to seeing you all. A&K

Loxley
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 382

posted on 16-7-2009 at 07:54 Reply With Quote
Hi Andy,
Thanks for that. I have just logged on to the webcam and the sea looks a lot nicer today ! it certainly did look manic yesterday.
I could see 2 kiters last night, it was showing about 7pm your time so dont know if that was you !
I have heard there may be a 'lake tax' to pay, but it's a case of avoiding the river police if you can ! LOL
Mind you, I am happy to pay a sensible fee to get out on the water as its supposed to be mirror flat in the morning and perfect for wakeboarding.
Debs has set off this morning for Cambridge to see her parents and I will meet her there tomorrow afternoon and then head on down to the Chunnel to get into France for about 10pm.

bucski
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 275
Posts 622

Mood: i'm never in a mood

posted on 16-7-2009 at 14:14 Reply With Quote
Just booked our ferry going to Le Havre on the 4th Aug for 3 weeks, will probably head south first and work back up, Itinerary is Hourtin area, Ile d'oleron, Quiberon or La Torche

Hope to catch up with some of you few folks somewhere, sometime.....

Loxley
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 382

posted on 17-7-2009 at 12:20 Reply With Quote
Ok guys, I am signing off now. See most of you on the beach sometime on Sunday.

Safe driving. Dont forget they drive on the wrong side over there !

Andy, keep some of that wind for us. Looks like you will be having a good day Sunday !

Mobiles at the ready guys.

Tony, I have that spare mobile charged up for you. Its a mini-nokia phone plug so my spare mains and car charger will work with it.

Mark

<<  1    2    3  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy