Author: Subject: Working for Jamie Knox
Harry
Hot shot

Member #: 186
Posts 32

Mood:

posted on 7-3-2004 at 11:23 Reply With Quote
Working for Jamie Knox

Looking for info from anyone who's been to the Jamie Knox centre. I might have the chance to work there as an instructor this summer for a few months. Obviously from the windsurfing point of view 3+ months in Brandon Bay is a dream ticket, but I've heard the odd not so good story about working there. Just wondering if anyone could shed light on this, if you've worked there yourself or just been there? What's it like to work there? Do you have to work your arse off all day with no time to go sailing yourself, or is it more chilled out? Do the staff seem like a happy bunch? Is JK a good boss? Any info much appreciated.

Also how much decent wave-sailing can I expect in the summer months? Or is it not worth it going out there then?

dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 8-3-2004 at 10:42 Reply With Quote
Haven't been there myself, but a mate worked there last year, and loved the place. He's now moving there. Everyone I know who's been say its a top place to sail. Good luck.
markh
Hot shot

Member #: 42
Posts 56

Mood:

posted on 17-3-2004 at 14:06 Reply With Quote
Only been there once for a week and loved it even though not much wind since there was plenty of good surf instead.

As for working it'd probably be excellent for a few months in the summer but I'd have thought it gets a bit limiting (socially) being there all year round unless you're taking over partners/family with you.

Jamie Knox? Nice bloke if you stay on the right side of him! Not sure I'd want to upset him or his family though...

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy