Author: Subject: BIO 1
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 20-3-2004 at 18:59 Reply With Quote
BIO 1

I was wondering, does anyone know where i can buy Bodyboarding inside and out 1 on video, in england and in pounds.
Please could anyone help? Secondly is there any more bodyboarding tutorial videos/DVD's around i can buy?

Cheers.

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 20-3-2004 at 19:16 Reply With Quote
Not sure about that title on video, but have you got this on DVD???

http://www.storm-riders.co.uk/dbdriven/shop.php?action=details&id=197

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 21-3-2004 at 20:02 Reply With Quote
No i have'nt got "reconise the enemy", but i'd really like to get it. It sounds amazing! Anyway, you probably haven't heard of the title because i think the video is really old. Have you heard of BIO 2 (Bodyboarding Inside and Out)? Type it in on Google and you should find a website on BIO 1 or 2. Thanks for helping anyway. Is there any more bodyboarding tutorial videos you've heard of?

Cheers.
Airborne.

Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Most active Body-boarder 2004

Member #: 446
Posts 278

Mood: itchin to get wet!!!

posted on 23-3-2004 at 11:44 Reply With Quote
I've had a copy of reconise the enemy for a while now. Its Awsome and well worth parting with your money!
Some great footage and music to boot!

I bought it from PJ's surf shop when I dragged bodhi on a 3.5 hours trip to Swansea promising him huge surf, only to be met with a pond like sea and no wind (he wasn't best pleased). Safe to say i've improved my forcasting skills since then!

Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 278

posted on 23-3-2004 at 16:44 Reply With Quote
Here you go Airborne!
I've just come across this Morey bodyboard tutorial DVD!

http://store.yahoo.com/ebodyboarding/9-h2.html

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 23-3-2004 at 18:15 Reply With Quote
Oh my days! Thodd...you are a genius! I've been looking for this for quite a while now. I've seen quicktime videos on the internet on:
http://www.waveblasters.com/videos.html
Check it out if you want. Can i ask you two questions though...1) DVD's don't have formats do they, so you can play them on any player in any country?
2) I've seen all the parts listed of the DVD on the website you gave me. All but one, the last feature says: "Also includes the full Morey Function video".
Is this the video continued, with extra tips and tutorials for more experienced spongers or is it just some 5 minute add on? I think the tutorials continue because the other 5 bullet points don't go on for very long in minutes. What do you think?

Thank you sooo much for your help. One more thing... do you know anywhere where i can get Bodyboarding inside and out 1 and 2 on VHS and on PAL format?
I would really appreciate your help on that because BIO 1 has dissapeared off the face of the earth...i think.

Cheers, From Airborne.

Thodd
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 278

posted on 24-3-2004 at 13:28 Reply With Quote
Sorry airborne.... I have no idea! I only came across this site by accident, so i'm going to be of no help whatsoever (

You are right that if you buy a DVD from the USA it'll be region 1 instead of the European Region 2 that we use. Most DVD players have a code that you can type in via the remote. Try doing a search on google and it shouldn't take you to long to find the code for your player.

mexican bandit
Pro

Beach Bum (By special appointment)

Member #: 77
Posts 113

Mood: palm trees and bikinis

posted on 24-3-2004 at 20:23 Reply With Quote
Try visiting
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=3 />
They have hacks for most DVD players free of charge.

I'm just waiting for someone to find one for the XBOX.

"Why should I have to WORK for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it! " C&H

qualigs
Hot shot

Member #: 9
Posts 32

Mood: Moochin'

posted on 25-3-2004 at 08:58 Reply With Quote
I think alot of the time the TV is the problem now. DVD players tend to come as multi-region but older TVs will be PAL. The DVDs often play but in Black and White.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 26-3-2004 at 17:35 Reply With Quote
Thanks guys for your help, i was wondering if there is any way that you can tell what format the DVD you should me is...the people on it sound american.
Thodd, you said: "You are right that if you buy a DVD from the USA it'll be region 1 instead of the European Region 2 that we use."
If i buy a DVD of region 1 will it not work on region 2 DVD players, or is it like you said..."it plays it in black and white."?
Does region mean the same as format?
Thanks again for your help...please keep posting.

mexican bandit
Pro

Posts 113

posted on 31-3-2004 at 13:06 Reply With Quote
Numbers 1,2,3... are Regions.

Picture format is often a ratio (1:1.6, 1:21 or something like that) for the picture size, normal, widescreen, cinema screen, etc.

Then TV type is either PAL for Europe or NTSC for the Americas.

A region 1 DVD will only play on a region 1 player, a multiregion player or a hacked region 2 one.

The getting a black and white picture will depend on the DVD output or on the TV type. Most TV's now a days can take both NTSC or PAL input.

The best thing is to borrow a region 1 DVD from a friend and testing out your machine. That or buy a really cheap one from the net (you can find them for a few quid from one of the bargain bins).

"Why should I have to WORK for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it! " C&H

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 2-4-2004 at 20:16 Reply With Quote
Hi mexican bandit. You said: "Most TV's now a days can take both NTSC or PAL input." Does this mean that if i bought "bodyboarding inside and out 1" on video with a format NTSC, would i be able to play it on my reasonably new video player and widescreen TV. The video player is PAL format.

Thanks in advance.
Airborne.

mexican bandit
Pro

Posts 113

posted on 15-4-2004 at 13:06 Reply With Quote
Sorry Airbourne, but the VCR has to be able to play NTSC. If you visit your local dixons or other electronics shop you'll see that many of the VCRs have a little sticker saying NTSC playback, unless your VCR says this your stuck.

If you have the video at home then just pop it in to see if the VCR works. Some VCRs have the function but don't make it obvious.

See what happens.

Bandit

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 17-4-2004 at 18:18 Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply mexican bandit. I'll have to check if my VCR has NTSC playback. Unfortunatley i don't have the BIO 1 video...so i can't try it out. I've already ordered BIO 2 on PAL format and is in the post. Got it from Orcashop. Anyway, if my VCR does have "NTSC playback" will it definately play NTSC and PAL format videos in colour?

Cheers in advanced, Airborne.

P.S. Does anyone know where i can get BIO 1 from in the U.K. on PAL format video? I will even download it if needs be! (I don't no how i'll do it though because BIO 1 is sort of an old video! )

mexican bandit
Pro

Posts 113

posted on 19-4-2004 at 12:55 Reply With Quote
NTSC playback will definatelly play you the video. It's the oposite of what I needed back in Mexico when I got my hands on PAL videos. Back then I got my hands on a modifed no-brand VCR.

Try the web, you never know what you'll find.

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 19-4-2004 at 19:22 Reply With Quote
I've already tried the web on a search for BIO 1 , but i might look for something which lets you record a NTSC onto a PAL format video.....i doubt if that exists!
Anyway, i just looked at my VCR and it looks like it only plays PAL because in the corner it has the VHS logo and next to that PAL....but no NTSC

Thanks for sll your help. If anyone has any info on NTSC and PAL format vids then please post. The same thing applies for the BIO 1 video, any luck on that, or is it just me searching? Has anyone even heard of it apart from me and a few other people? Surely other spongers have! It's meant to be the best bodyboarding tutorial video ever!

Thanks all, Airborne.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy