Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: body board repair
rip2190

Member #: 637
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 11-4-2004 at 01:24 Reply With Quote
body board repair

hey im not all pro at this but i needed to know what the best was to repair a bb w/ bubbles on it (caused by sunlight and heat) all advice is greatly appreciated!!
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 11-4-2004 at 16:27 Reply With Quote
Hi rip 2190, nice to have another bodyboarder on the forum. I have the exact same problem that you have. I went on holiday to France and left my board on the inside of the car on top of the boot cover. The sun beat down on it and when i returned it had several bubbles in it due to the heat. The deck of the bodyboard was spongey, so it was probably worse than a proffesional board deck. Fortunately, it was only a £20 slick stick board! And unfortunately for you i don't think that you can get rid of the bubbles, so you can't repair it. Sorry. I got a newer better board, and wasn' that upset about the ruined board because it was cheap. This might be a different case for you. I've still kept the ruined one because it is still useable. You can either put up with it. (It didn't really bother me when sponging) Or you'll have to buy a new board. You could still ask one of the more experienced bodyboarders, you might be able to get a new deck. But, with the money you spend on that, you could put towards buying a new board.

Hope this has helped.

Airborne.

wez
Hot shot

Member #: 545
Posts 48

Mood: happy as larry

posted on 12-4-2004 at 10:50 Reply With Quote
no mate i think its safe to say its nacked ,get a new board and use the old one for shore breaks

stay stoked

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 15-4-2004 at 09:44 Reply With Quote
Hey wez, are shore breaks when the waves are breaking quite powerfully onto the beach where the is shallow water, so if you bail you hit the bottom (sand)?

mexican bandit
Pro

Beach Bum (By special appointment)

Member #: 77
Posts 113

Mood: palm trees and bikinis

posted on 15-4-2004 at 12:03 Reply With Quote
Airborne,

shorebreaks are just that, in some cases they are the second or third time a wave breaks (after breaking on a reef or outer sand bar). The classic example is the Waimea shore break and the acronym TOAD (take of and die!).

Rip 2190,

If it is your dearmost board and you don't have enough for a new one you could try injecting glue into the bubbles and then laying a heavy book over the patch.

The only problem is that most boards have thermowelded joints (the plastic is melted together) and glues don't always hold on that well. It happened to the rail of my first boards; after many repars I just ripped of the piece and ended up with a rough finish over the area.

Mexican bandit.

"Why should I have to WORK for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it! " C&H

toobalicious
Grommet

Member #: 687
Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2004 at 07:09 Reply With Quote
i got a bubble in my board the other day up near the nose, only little. i didnt let it bother me too much i waxed over it enough so i wouldnt slip because of it now it functions just the same

its only realy a problem if it is still getting bigger, dont leave it out again

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 5-5-2004 at 19:00 Reply With Quote
Thanks for the shorebreak advice mex. bandit!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy