Author: Subject: Lots of new toys!!!
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 24-5-2004 at 06:00 Reply With Quote
Lots of new toys!!!

Shem and I took delivery of a whole quiver of Flexifoil Strikes from The Power Kite Shop yesterday. Unfortunately there wasn't enough wind to get out on the water with them, but we did have a fly on the land with the two biggest (15m and 17m). Both were super stable and well behaved as promised in the Flexifoil Bumpf, so lets hope their promises of high performance and big boosting potential are true too.

Looks like there should be some wind later in the week to give them a proper test run.

Al.

P.S. Also got myself a nice shiny new Apple Powerbook from which to keep this site running from... Should be able to take it away with me now and keep updates coming in from the beach!

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 24-5-2004 at 08:46 Reply With Quote
Lucky B*****ds

How did you manage that are they on demo or are you two new teamriders??

John and Dan at PKS are top chaps have sorted loads of gear out for me including some hard to get spares, just about finished modding by buggy its a bigfooted monstor now

Let us know how you get on with the Strikes they look nice if a little pricy!

Which Powerbook did you get? Dad recently got the 12" and its luuuuverly

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 24-5-2004 at 18:36 Reply With Quote
We're sort of team riders / coastal reps... Shem uses them in his school, and the shop send people this way if they want to demo the kites... Of course, we also get to use them when we want!

I'll let you know more about their performance on the water as soon as I get the chance.

As far as the powerbook goes I got the 15.2" one with 1.5Ghz processor, 1GB RAM and Superdrive!!!... If you're gonna do it you've got to do it properly!!!

Al.

col123
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 405
Posts 1022

Mood: who needs wind anyway

posted on 24-5-2004 at 20:15 Reply With Quote
dont forget all the bullets, guerilla and bomba kit as well and flexi buggy and airdeck....got some intrest coming your way this weekend weather permitting of course, so you'll have to go and play midweek....thats worth a drink just for the excuse to get out..col

To Infirmary and beyond..

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 24-5-2004 at 20:57 Reply With Quote
Yeah, certainly looking forward to trying out that airdeck with the bullets... Will be quite an upgrade from my Blade I and old framed MBS board... I'll feel like a spring chicken again with such a light board on my
feet

I have to go to Bristol this weekend though. No doubt there will be some perfect winds in Borth then... I might manage a sneaky session at WSM though!

Al.

the one

Member #: 768
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 24-5-2004 at 22:04 Reply With Quote
new toys

these new toys, what a waste on these guy´s, well shem can kitesurf has the best of us, but justal, got no bottle, or mouth and no action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

And for that stupied helmet, what a wang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!her he is. their is a god. god save the wind.
thank god there´s only one justal, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 24-5-2004 at 22:08 Reply With Quote
Hard work this kiteing lark, Ive been flying at least 2 kites a day, just to get to know them all, My 2 year old son flew the 1.5 bullet today, he recons its a little beast. The 4.5 is a real little sweety. Got the 15 meter peter lynn G2 up yesterday as well, takes a bit of getting used to, but I think Ive got it sorted, super, super stable, still loads of grunt, just a new style of flying, Ill give it a proper review once Ive flown it on the water. Ill be taking out the 17 meter strike first mind. LUCKY ME!!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

adam

Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 25-5-2004 at 09:16 Reply With Quote
Lol, kids and sweet shops come to mind!!!

Flexi boards are nice but take a bit of getting used to, I have the old Flexdeck, nice and light but to start with it just kept turning upwind; something to do with the deck having a heelside bias?

New airdeck looks good though.

No Blade IIIs then boys?? Bullets are good buggy kites but not much lift, turn really quickly and the 1.5 is one the quickest kites I've ever seen in 40mph winds.

Who is "the one" ??

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 25-5-2004 at 11:51 Reply With Quote
yes who is "the one";cant spell and don't know grammer
"their is a god"
correction; THERE is a God! tut tut will have to learn your their from your there's!
well hopefully He can irradicate nonsense like that BEFORE it gets posted!
hiding behind a title,however small the title!

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 25-5-2004 at 11:58 Reply With Quote
lol i think perhaps "cock" would be more appropriate than "kook" under his username!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Stevievee
Hot shot

Member #: 119
Posts 48

Mood:

posted on 25-5-2004 at 13:21 Reply With Quote
Thought I'd put in my 2p's worth as well and sick up for Al regarding 'The One's jealousy fueled post...

I don't know Al or Shem personally and don't even kitesurf, but I have been a member of this site for ages and totally repsect all the hard work Al has put into it. I'm sure he would be the first to admit that he hasn't been sonsored by The Power Kite Shop because of his kitesurfing ability. I've seen the photos of him kitesurfing on here and he looks pretty good to me, but I'm sure Al would be modest about his abilities and admit that the reason he's been given the use of these kites is more for the online and on-beach presence he has.

Power-kite shop are expecting to get a return for this and I'm sure they will. I'm a windsurfer and in the past never looked at Gun Sails as I assumed that as they were so cheap compared to other brands that they couldn't match them in quality. Al however raved about them on here, so I thought I'd try them out. Sure enouh, Gun Sails were some of the best I've ever owned and I have now bought 3 and two masts from them, purely due to the fact that Al recommended them through his postings on this site. When I take up kitesurfing (when time and money permits). this site will be my first (and probably only) port of call, and any I will espeically listen to Al's opinions on which equipment to buy, and where is best to get it from. For me, having the opinion of a real person, using equipment in the real wolrd is much more relevant then the opinion of some hotshot pulling off moves I could never even dream of.

I'm pleased that someone who has put so much work into a site like this and into encouraging people to take up these sports and actually getting out on the water has been rewarded in such a way. My only worry would be that it would make Al's opinions and comments here biased. But as far as I know he is also a team rider for Gun Sails, and gets free windsurfing kit from them, but has posted constructive critiscism about some items of their kit, which shows that his other sponsorship deals haven't affected his impartiality.

Al... Don't let it get to you and keep up the good work with the site (in between playing with all the new toys of course).

Powerkiteshop... Top marks for sponsoring a real everyday guy who will use the kit in the real world. If the way Al has converted me to Gun Sails is anything to go by then it will be more than worth it for you.

SV.

P.S. Hope my spelling and Grammar is OK!!

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Stevievee]

AndyW
A Force-of-Nature **

Walk Of Shame Award 2003 & 2004

Member #: 168
Posts 382

Mood:

posted on 25-5-2004 at 14:50 Reply With Quote
Stevievee,

Good point(s), well made.

Keep up the good work Al...

Perhaps a grammar checker could be added to the site as a new feature ;-)

adam

Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 25-5-2004 at 15:37 Reply With Quote
Second most of that lol but you could put in a little healthy abuse it will only go to his head otherwise

Don't discount "the one" may be someone we know?? Al may be able to look into that

Also don't think Al is sponsored by Gun Sails as such that he gets free kit or I'm sure he would have some new boards by now to replace his hammered Cross

Powerkiteshop obviously think Al and Shem are doing well and its worthwhile or they wouldn't have given them the kit so it would be availabe to demo; they're not that nice to give kit away

Bananaman
Pro

Member #: 522
Posts 99

Mood: Re-invigorated

posted on 25-5-2004 at 16:11 Reply With Quote
never seen a flame on here before. just run an IP check you'll find out who it is.

A New Breed Of Superhero

rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 25-5-2004 at 17:20 Reply With Quote
well said stevievee... "the one" is probably the sick arsehole that posted (under another alias) the message about ian huntley on the band name suggestions thread.

as bananaman said an ip check would give some idea as to where it came from.

all of that would probably be in vain though since he's probably got his twisted kicks out of spoiling a useful resource for everybody else by now.

rant over. revision time again!!

keep up the good work al

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 25-5-2004 at 18:47 Reply With Quote
Cheers guys, thanks for the reassuring votes of confidence.

I am indeed a Gun Sails Key Rider as well, but unfortunately I don't get free kit, just a discount... Although maybe if I send Stevievee's post to them they might increase the discount!!

As far as finding out who it is, I do have a pretty good idea, although I must admit I'm pretty surprised and disappointed as its someone that I always though I got on pretty well with on the beach.... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now as it was posted just after closing time and the typing does appear to be that of someone who has had a few too many!... Maybe it was all meant in jest?

And on't worry about the impartiality thing, if I think something is crap I'll tell you!!

Al.

bucski
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 275
Posts 622

Mood: i'm never in a mood

posted on 25-5-2004 at 19:07 Reply With Quote
I think 'the one' is possibly a small dog I noticed on the beach on Sunday. He was rather upset because he couldn't catch any of the nice kites he was chasing. Perhaps this is his way of venting his frustration!
And 'the one' does mention the word 'god' a lot, which is' after all' dog backwards!
;-)
keep up the good work Al
tim

steveo
Pro

aka Whooooosh!

Member #: 164
Posts 116

Mood: Living Life on The EDGE!

posted on 29-5-2004 at 23:16 Reply With Quote
I´m looking for a new medium aspect 12 m kite. Would it possilbe to try one if you have a 12m, the next time i´m down at borth.

Cheers

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 30-5-2004 at 07:05 Reply With Quote
Yep, thats why they are here... Let me know when you'll be down... There isn't a 12m , but there is an 11m and a 13m, so you can try either (or both!).... I was out on the 13m the other day, nicely powered up in 13-15 knot winds on a biggish (157cm) board.

Give me a ring when you'll be here.

Al.

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 30-5-2004 at 07:18 Reply With Quote
Ive had a few people try them at Aberdovey, and every ones amazed firstly at how smooth they are, and more so at how fast the 17 turns! Im still waiting for some clean wind for a proper sesh, Ive only had them out in gusty stuff at the mo.

<<  1    2  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy