Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Hello
Moodyskipper

Member #: 1547
Posts 3

Mood:

posted on 26-10-2005 at 10:57 Reply With Quote
Hello

Well, just found this site and it has also come recommended by others.
I have recently completed a 3 day course in Kitesurfing, so I am still fairly new to the sport. I have sailed for about 20 years, anything from dinghies to big boats and am also a keen windsurfer. I live in the Oxford area(couldn't get much further from the sea), but regularly visit my home town of Swansea, so have started to use the Gower beaches and Swansea beach.
If there are any others in the Swansea area, that would like to meet up. Please let me know, as none of my mates are mad enough to try this sport out, also looking for anyone in the Oxford area, as will be trying out the South Coast during the winter months, yes I am a bit mad when it comes to sailing. I sail all year round. Look forward to meeting others in the future,

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 26-10-2005 at 15:55 Reply With Quote
Good to see more people on the site, bit far for you to come up here, but its well worth it if you ever fancy a trip!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 26-10-2005 at 17:09 Reply With Quote
Hello... You have a pretty good choice of beaches in the Gower, and there are a few other S. Wales and Bristol based sailors on this site who sometimes sail on the Gower, so you might find someone willing to meet up. It'll be good to see your diary entries from down there as well so that we can comapare the wind from other places... This site is getting far too 'Borth-biased'!

I keep meaning to make the trip down to the Gower myself, so you never know I may be meeting you on a beach in your neck of the woods before too long... Anyone else fancy a trip to the Gower??

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Moodyskipper

Member #: 1547
Posts 3

Mood:

posted on 26-10-2005 at 19:55 Reply With Quote
Justal, thanks for the reply. If you ever want to go to the Gower or Swansea, just drop us a line. I am there most weekends.

Shem
thanks again. I did recently contact you by email and you gave me some good information, one being to join the forces of nature website, which I have done, Unfortunately the weather blew us off of camping up your way last weekend, so maybe I will get the opportunity again next year.
cheers.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy