Author: Subject: Cabrinha Co2???
Jonny
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 394
Posts 308

Mood: waitin for the next blow!

posted on 13-12-2005 at 09:20 Reply With Quote
Cabrinha Co2???

Was at work today and told this guy I work with that I wouldnt mind gettin into kite surfing once I got some money together when im settled back in the UK next year.
He and his mates are upgrading to the new bow shaped kites (think Cabrinhas) so gettin rid of all there old 2003 kit and are struggling to sell it as everyone over here is not interested in second hand kites. Theres apparently no second hand market for kites here in Melbourne.

He offered me a 2003 Cabrinha Co2 12M with lines and a bar for 300 bucks (Ozzie) which I thought was a damn good deal. Think thats around the 125quid mark. The kites in pretty good condition as well. I know a kite around the 11 - 12M mark would be ideal for my first one considering im around the 75 -80KG mark.

Was just wanting to know from you all any info about the kite as its gonna be my first one and whether thats a good deal or not and how much they are back in the UK these days?
It sounds a damn good deal to me, he was advertising it for 500 but as he knows me hes offerin it at a reducd price.

Ive got a bit of an idea about kiting now as ive been wanting to do it for the past 2 years and you learn a fiar bit just by reading some of the posts from all you kiters here on FON. Im prob gonna get a lesson or maybe 2 to practice flying the kite first - trash the instructors kite and not mine.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Jonny

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 13-12-2005 at 09:30 Reply With Quote
At that price, itll be ideal. the CO2 is a easy going kite as well. Just make sure it has at least 2 safety releases. Itll be well worth you going for a lesson as well.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Jonny
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 394
Posts 308

Mood: waitin for the next blow!

posted on 14-12-2005 at 05:03 Reply With Quote
Its only got the one safety release. 2 of the lines are brand new.
willf
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 915
Posts 238

Mood: landlocked and sick of it.

posted on 14-12-2005 at 13:34 Reply With Quote
one to depower kite and then one to realease the whole thing from your harness. should have both.

www.globeriderkites.com
www.airjam.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy