Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: lanzarote in the summer!
rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 4-1-2006 at 21:28 Reply With Quote
lanzarote in the summer!

just booked up a holiday to lanzarote staying about 10 minutes from costa teguise, apparently its very good for windsurfing and kitesurfing.

anybody been there? i'm thinking of taking some kitesurfing gear with me, whats the deal with taking your kit on the plane? going in july so wind should be around 15-20kts, thinking maybe a 13m and 16m should be about right, or should i save my money and buy a smaller kite to be on the safe side?

any information would be greatly appreciated!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
kitecaddy
Beach Bum

Member #: 1627
Posts 27

Mood: its only smoke n ashes

posted on 6-1-2006 at 18:13 Reply With Quote
famara beach is the place to go in lanzarote ! wind always picks up in the afternoon always blows on shore as far as we know too , its part of a mid sized cove very nice, its easy to find once you've found it if you know whazt i mean , it was about half hour drive from port del carmen , but make sure you get directions from your rep lanzarote is not the easiest places to drive around , lots of mad uns on the rd !! think you can get forecast for famara from wind guru too oh if you get a big kit bag , u can book it on the plane as sports equip cost between £20 - £30 per bag depending who you fly with and make sure you get it booked on asap too , and be aware u do get some funny looks when your dragging these bags through the airport they look like body bags , and the jokes that you've got grandad in there dont always go down well with the airport staff ha ha , as we found out
hope that helps
suz

[Edited on 6-1-2006 by kitecaddy]

dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 7-1-2006 at 12:01 Reply With Quote
Rob Dude,

I've been there twice to windsurf approx 10 years ago.

From what I can remember of Teguise is that there's a massive wind shadow from a hotel, so its a swim out and back to and from the windline with a windsurfer. I don't think it'll be that good to kite, as the beach is packed with holidaymakers too. Its a nice place though (surf city ) !

I think Suzi's right, Famara in the North is the best place to kite, but I've never been there.

Have fun anyway!

Dunkster

KITE / SAIL REPAIRS

http://www.jonnieeisler.com

rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 7-1-2006 at 19:09 Reply With Quote
lol thanks for the replies both... i don't think gramps will be coming with us, it's supposed to be a holiday!!

i'll certainly give some thought to famara, i noticed from some research on the net that there's plenty of places to hire gear from, so i might try some windsurfing out there too if i get to famara.

cheers!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy