Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: el gouna egypt, any advice??
savage
Hot shot

Member #: 644
Posts 48

Mood:

posted on 19-1-2006 at 11:31 Reply With Quote
el gouna egypt, any advice??

I am planning to go to el gouna in march and wondered if any of you lot know where i can get the best deal from? Also any ideas on the cost of taking extra luggage?

MarkyP
Pro

Member #: 1281
Posts 90

Mood: ?.... ?......indecisive

posted on 19-1-2006 at 12:46 Reply With Quote
Waveriders has some good last minute stuff. Depends if you want to go to the Movenpick, or stay in the Marina and if you want lessons etc.

I stayed at the Movenpick 5* B&B for £429 1 week incl flight & transfers, Paid £30 rtn to get 3 kites and two boards out as I said it was a surfboard. I booked it through iglu, with Thomspson as a last minute in November.

The room was right ont the edge of the private lagoon. Awesome spot and a great hotel. The hotels in the Marina don't look so good, but all bars etc are on your doorstep.

Personally I'd rather have the beach outside my window.

5 of us rode from the Movenpick everyday. As we looked upwind you could see about 40+ kites out at Mongrovey beach. Bet they didn't have staff to land and launch their kites........

Movenpick lagoon is waist deep for about 400 yards, then there is reef and a drop off into deeper water.

Shoes are reccomended to avoid coral cuts, it gets quite shallow at low tide and you can then walk about without worry.

Great spot I'd go back and deff family / girlfriend friendly as the hotel has loungers and windbreaks around the lagoon.

Sweet

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 19-1-2006 at 14:05 Reply With Quote
a few of the massif went last feb and we payed 320 half board through thompsons ,that was quite a bit less than wave riders for the same place same week( they have to make their profit too); captains and turtles and sailing at mongrovey where you can store all your gear, get great lunch and loads of peeps to land and rescue boat too.be carefull to check out the tide times though as you could end up with little water in the lagoons!
Col123 has just been again a few weeks back, if you send him a u2u i am sure he would give you info on his last trip.
we didnt have any extra to pay for board bags etc.

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

Pluto
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 598
Posts 281

Mood:

posted on 26-1-2006 at 22:51 Reply With Quote
You can check the tides for Mangrovey at the website of the school there. I went twice last year(once with Neil above). If all you want is time on the water, Captains & Turtles is excellant value and a short walk from the beach. It's bang in the marina with plenty of options for the evening. A cleaner wind to be had at Mongroovey for sure and during my second trip half the people staying at Movenpick got food poisoning, one with 3 days in hospital!! Check this out: http://www.kitepower-elgouna.com/

www.kitesurfteacher.co.uk
IKO/BKSA Instructor

savage
Hot shot

Member #: 644
Posts 48

Mood:

posted on 27-1-2006 at 09:20 Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advice. I've just booked a week at the movenpick for £339. Hopefully wont get the squits though!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy