kiteboy1978
Grommet

Member #: 1782
Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 28-3-2006 at 21:17 Reply With Quote
No wind in egypt

Just back from a hot egypt.
1 week in Ras sudr at the Paradise Resort booked through waveriders. For those who care, i never did get charged for my kit. There was no staff at the excel check in to take my money for the kite gear and they don't give a dam in egypt.

Unfortunately didn't really have any wind either. Only managed one really good session on a 16m. Spot on location though. A huge lagoon chest deep for about a kilometre. Kite centre is brilliant and Sylvain and Steph who run it are great. Somehow in my state of depression over the windless week ive obtained a 10m 2006 naish raven. Maybe thats why my card was declined today.

Mark_Sims
Grommet

Member #: 1161
Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 30-3-2006 at 21:48 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kiteboy1978
Just back from ..... Ras Sudr ......

Any other tips, Rich B and I are out there week of 13th May (Rich and Tom for two weeks).

regards,
Mark

baileyman
Pro

Member #: 1933
Posts 114

Mood: Reflective

posted on 31-3-2006 at 07:23 Reply With Quote
Hey Kiteboy - good news on the gear front.

I'm off to Ras on 6th May for 2 weeks staying at the same hotel - sounds like it's a great place. Hopefully the wind will turn up by then !!

What's the nightlife like - I heard it's a bit of a one horse town ?

Can't wait to go - only 5 weeks now !

kiteboy1978
Grommet

Member #: 1782
Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 31-3-2006 at 18:23 Reply With Quote
ras sudr

Nightlife.....yeah right!!
There is absolutely zip. except for what you do at the hotel. In the case of no wind or to keep yourself occupied at night the hotel does have, Table Tennis, Table Football, floodlit tennis and basketball court, 2 pool tables, Crazy golf.

The hotel is about 10km from the town itself. We went into the town twice with sylvain and steph who run the place, there isn't anything to do really. You'll be more entertainment for the locals. Tourism hasn't reached this town at all. Although that will change when they build the airport in 2 years.

Make sure you take enough egyptian pounds with you. There isn't a cash machine for miles, and no where to change travellers cheques. The hotel will take credit card, but the kite school doesn't. It is very cheap at the hotel though. In a week i spent about £25 (english pounds) on lunch and drinks etc..

Mark_Sims
Grommet

Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 17-5-2006 at 12:22 Reply With Quote
Great week, Rich and Tom are still there for another 7 days of punishment. At the end of last week the Bailey machine was even starting to pop jumps and ride toe side, so I'm expected back loops by the time Christian Harris has finished with him. He says hi to the Massif and would have been on here himself if we could have got internet access.

Mark

Mark_Sims
Grommet

Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 17-5-2006 at 12:27 Reply With Quote
And here is a picture of Silvan popping a jump on a 7.5m Takoon. Christian is in the background on a CrossBow.

Mark

[Edited on 17-5-2006 by Mark_Sims]

Attachment: rassudr.JPG (120.18kb)
This file has been downloaded 310 times

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy