Author: Subject: Car Park Gate
Kitefish
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 945
Posts 299

Mood:

posted on 2-4-2006 at 17:20 Reply With Quote
Car Park Gate

Some Moron (a fisherman in a large box van) decided to smash the lock to get out of the car park this morning. Daz and Suzie discovered the remains at lunchtime.

I'm not sure what may happen next, but if the lock is changed none of us will have keys. This could also jepordise the luxury of being able to use the car park as we do.

Hopefully you can keep us posted Al, but I just wanted to point out it was not any of this massif. I suppose Phil will return in a couple of weeks and may have changed the lock anyway (to generate a bit of revenue).

What say you Al?

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 2-4-2006 at 17:32 Reply With Quote
Last rumours I heard (from Phil) was that Phill wasn't having anything to do with the car park anymore and that the Golf Course were going to change the lock and not let anyone have a key and also lower the barrier as well.

I'm sure this won't have helped our cause.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 2-4-2006 at 17:34 Reply With Quote
when i left this morning the gate was closed but the lock and chain was unfastened so somehow they got themselves in , the gate must have been unlocked...........so who left it open? cause i locked it after i went through.

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

badexcuseforasailor
A Force-of-Nature ***

Top Poster 2003

Member #: 116
Posts 846

Mood: wheres the wind?

posted on 2-4-2006 at 18:11 Reply With Quote
Did anyone get the reg of the van of the person that smashed the lock? sounds like a case of criminal damage to me.
Could turn into one of them things that a few idiots spoil it for eveyone else

http://brogboroughlake.windsurf.me.uk/

Kitefish
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 299

Mood:

posted on 2-4-2006 at 18:23 Reply With Quote
No didn't get the reg or make as I was not paying that much attention, but the box van had sign writing on it. But I cannot remember what it said although the second word was 'HART', it was almost a saying like 'the heart of the country'. Thats why I remember the second word as it was a play on a saying but with a different spelling. Soz
carlessd
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 928
Posts 224

Mood: new toys

posted on 3-4-2006 at 13:27 Reply With Quote
i agree its criminal dammage we took the lock back to the golf course and told them what happened and about the van , and assured them that we all had keys and we all locked the gate religously they've taken my name and phone number and have said that they will get in touch . phill has retired from the carpark but they are advertising for someone else to take over so hopefully all is not lost they must make some decent money off the keys apparently there are a fair few keyholders all charged £10 a lot of fishermen have them too ! if and when i hear from them il let you guys know

dont you eat of a bitter fruit!!

Spooker
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 932
Posts 624

Mood: rattle dem bones

posted on 3-4-2006 at 14:32 Reply With Quote
Good work Daz - at least they know that some of us are decent folk.

Bit worrying the rumour that Al mentioned, might be nothing in it, but is there any value in us being pro-active in this, rather than wait for them preventing all non-car access to the carpark? Maybe we could write a letter to the Golf Club asking about their intentions for the future - and stressing that as regular users and being trustworthy and responsible types we would like to get involved in the solution to such problems - whilst still retaining the privilage of such convenient access to the beach.

Thoughts?

dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 3-4-2006 at 15:27 Reply With Quote
Oh shit,

That's bad news! mind you I heard last year Phil wasn't going to have anything to do with the carpark, and the Golf course were fed up.

If they lower the barrier, I'll prob end up sailing back at Fairbourne, and park up by the shops at night, as I've done in the past (the delights of having no windows!)

I suppose it was only a matter of time

KITE / SAIL REPAIRS

http://www.jonnieeisler.com

andy B
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1118
Posts 209

Mood: ah ripped again

posted on 3-4-2006 at 17:41 Reply With Quote
oh N0
thats not good, i like spookers idea, we need to nominate a spokesman, what say ye

carlessd
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 224

posted on 3-4-2006 at 19:42 Reply With Quote
dudes i just sent an email to the secretary at the golf course. your oppinions please!!

Dear Sir/Madam

my name is Darren i recentley found the lock broken off the gate to the car park and returned it to yourselves,
i am writing this email to ask if you have replaced it yet and if so will there be keys available for access,
i regurally kitesurf from the carpark and would be absulaluteley devistated if i was not allowed access, this also
apply's to aprox 20-30 fellow kitesurfers, and quite a few other surfers, windsurfers, and fisherman alike.

if it would be any help either myself or one of my fellow local kitesurfers would be more than happy to replace the lock and
issue keys to yourselves and to a select few trustworthy users of the ynyslas car park, any one else wishing to obtain keys
could write or e mail yourselves first. then with your permission could get a key from me , and all this would be at no cost to yourselves.

if you would like to look into this and see who and what we are about then please visit www.forces-of-nature.co.uk
click on forums then recent posts and you will see discussion called CAR PARK if you click on it you will read how we feel
or follow the various links to get to know us better.

Kitefish
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 299

Mood:

posted on 3-4-2006 at 20:30 Reply With Quote
Not bad Daz, good one to think to take the lock back to the club house. They may be able to replace the same lock, thus no need for new keys (maybe a long shot though).

In the hope that the commitee of the club may read this I think it would be worthwhile pointing the benefits from us using the car park as we do. The most obvious is the night time activities for which the car park is famous, this appears to have decreased since our presence and this may be backed up by the local constabulary. Also the most have been very responsible with the likes of litter and fires, again our presence at the bottom end of the car park has discouraged some of the more unsavoury revellers. I'm sure that some of you can think of further benefits.

I'm sure that most of the Massif and friends would be willing to pay towards lock, keys and a season pass as we did with Phil. Maybe we could approach the B.G.C direct with this, almost forming a subsidary Club membership.

What say all.

[Edited on 3-4-2006 by Kitefish]

baileyman
Pro

Member #: 1933
Posts 114

Mood: Reflective

posted on 4-4-2006 at 21:04 Reply With Quote
Good work Daz

After 3 years work I've finished my house, binned the dinghy racing commitments and bought a big van. Was lookin forward to a year of kiting and driking with the Massif.

Seems like some retard has gone a long way to stuffing it up for the rest of us. Fingers crossed that the Golf Club understands we're not a bunch of lowlifes and have some respect.

I suppose Phil might put a good word in for us if he's asked. He was a good bloke.

See you all at easter.

Rich.

leonardo
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 634
Posts 613

Mood: Chillin' ya bloodclot mahn

posted on 4-4-2006 at 21:40 Reply With Quote
Good work Daz, but I hope you spell checked that email before you sent it off!

As for Kitefish's comment has anyone actually told the golf course secretary that our presence keeps the dodgy kids and their drugs out of the dunes? We also keep the place litter-free and clean!!! Perhaps Daz you could do a follow-up email?

LEN10 LOOPING..

www.sskiteboarding.com

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 5-4-2006 at 05:35 Reply With Quote
I was gonna say the same about the spell and grammar checking Leo.. If it went off like that it probably didn't create quite the kind of impression we were looking for. Hopefully the golf club will overlook it.

I might try to get hold of Phil sometime this week to see if he knows what the plans with the car park are. If the gates are closed and locked it probably affects me more than anyone. Windsurfing gear is a bit too big and bulky to carry over from the road and I've just built a house here simply because it gave me good access to the beach for windsurfing... It isn't so easy for me to just go to another beach instead.

Have the Golf Course replied to anyone yet??

Al.

carlessd
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 224

posted on 5-4-2006 at 17:31 Reply With Quote
yes i did spell check it, but the grammer will still be as bad i'm afraid. didn't go to school as much as most of you guys.

anyway heres the reply.

Dear Darren

Many thanks for reporting the damage to the lock on the entrance to the car park at Ynyslas. Unfortunately the licensee who had the rights to the car park last year no longer holds the license, and until such time as a new license is awarded, keys to the gate will not be issued. Access to the private parking area, however, is permitted to vehicles, but only via the height restriction barrier.

I realise that this will be a disappointment, but I hope the new license will be issued shortly, and this problem resolved.

Best Regards
Gareth Pritchard
Secretary
Borth & Ynyslas Golf Club
www.borthgolf.co.uk

andy B
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1118
Posts 209

Mood: ah ripped again

posted on 5-4-2006 at 17:53 Reply With Quote
cheers for your time Daz, seems your email did the trick.
lets hope they find a new licencee who will issue keys pretty quick

thehill
Beach Bum

Member #: 1244
Posts 27

Mood:

posted on 6-4-2006 at 07:31 Reply With Quote
How about a bit of a PR exercise

What if we organised a day to have a really good go at clearing any rubbish and junk from the car park, beach and the dunes. It is relatively clean but walking through the dunes the other day, there was a bit of junk further down.
maybe get it in the local rag. also maybe see if the council would come and clear the rubbish away if we made one pile in the car park.
also is there anyway of getting some kind of writtten feedback or official comment from the police about how the situation has improved with us staying in the car park.

just a few ideas

leonardo
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 634
Posts 613

Mood: Chillin' ya bloodclot mahn

posted on 6-4-2006 at 08:36 Reply With Quote
Good work Daz..so i guess everyone will be heading to the estaury this weekend then?

LEN10 LOOPING..

www.sskiteboarding.com

Fat Shady
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1506
Posts 178

Mood:

posted on 6-4-2006 at 16:39 Reply With Quote
Al,

Have you ever thought of becoming a car park licensee, we would even buy you a traffic wardens hat

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 6-4-2006 at 17:52 Reply With Quote
Yep... But it is only open to members of the Golf Club.

The lock has been changed.

I spoke to the secretary of the Golf Club this morning and they have a bid for the license which is being considered and will hopefully be in place by Easter.

Al.

<<  1    2  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy