baileyman
Pro

Member #: 1933
Posts 114

Mood: Reflective

posted on 22-5-2006 at 14:09 Reply With Quote
Egypt or bust

Hey Borth Massif dudesters

Just got back from Ras Sudr in Egypt - it was wicked. The place is run by Sylvan and Stephanie from CNS (Funkite). Great spot, huge lagoon with 2kms of waist deep water at low tide. It was a slick operation with cross - cross on wind. A bunch of guys launching and landing on the shore and a rescue boat on duty all day. Spot on place for learning.

There's not much to do at night but the hotel arranged a few theme nights and a BBQ on fridays.

Took a trip to a local laggon - super flat water, ankle deep in places and a real head rush chasing your shadow across the seabed.

First week was 20knt every day and I finally managed to crack the upwind thing in a couple of days thanks to the help of the lovely Liv and by the end of the week she had me toeside carving and jumping. So I was well chuffed.

Second week was light !No more than 15knts max. Was on Christian Harris's kite clinic and was using Cabrhina Switchblades all week. Too light to really get a good feel for how they fly, but the 16m "Big Bird" saved the day in the light stuff.

The clinic was fantastic. Christian and Karine are lovely people and have so much enthusiasm and passion for the sport. They take a look at the way you ride either by riding alongside or with video and then work on all the little things that look wrong in their unique teaching style.

So by the end of the week I was getting loads of height upwind, doing downloop toe to heelside carves and threw my first front loop. Shame the wind was light but it was a wicked couple of weeks.

Can't wait to get back to Borth, get into the waves and try my new moves.

Rich.

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 22-5-2006 at 14:42 Reply With Quote
nice one Rich see you up this weekend no doubt; i will be there all week as its half term.

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

baileyman
Pro

Posts 114

posted on 22-5-2006 at 17:56 Reply With Quote
Hey Neil - can't make it this weekend - will see ya the following w/e - have a good week.
Schmool
Grommet

Member #: 2239
Posts 13

Mood: Well Chilled...........

posted on 8-8-2006 at 12:37 Reply With Quote
Ras Sudr

Rich,
Nice to hear a good report about Ras as I'm booked in for a week at the beginning of October.

Last weekend (6th Aug) was my first visit to Borth, I have to say what a great day it was, and I will definately return soon.

Cheers

Schmool

baileyman
Pro

Posts 114

posted on 8-8-2006 at 15:56 Reply With Quote
Dude

I'm there again on 16th Sept for 2 weeks, so we'll cross on the road to Sharm no doubt !!

Fingers corssed for some breeze - it's been a bit light out there recently.

Hopefully catch up in Borth or Dovey and can give you a bit more info if needed.

Rich.

Schmool
Grommet

Member #: 2239
Posts 13

Mood: Well Chilled...........

posted on 9-8-2006 at 13:58 Reply With Quote
Rich,
When I went to Hurghada in May, I was well underpowered on a 13.6 Wipika Airblast due to the light not-so dense winds. I came back and bought a 16m Airblast, hopefully that should do it this time.

Cheers

Schmool

[Edited on 9-8-2006 by Schmool]

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy