Author: Subject: Ynylas Golf Club Car Park & Campers
Kitefish
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 945
Posts 299

Mood:

posted on 1-6-2006 at 21:42 Reply With Quote
Ynylas Golf Club Car Park & Campers

Neil is staying over for the week in the car park, he gave me a call tonight to inform us of a situation.

Dafydd has been round today and collared Neils mum and dad for a fiver (+ £5 for Neils van). Dafydd said he was in a bit of trouble from the golf club with the number of vans staying over (especially at spring bank) and that he has been "told" to charge £5 per night. Neil thought that folks may like to be fore warned.

I don't think it is up for open discussion on this site and it's fair enough, as at least we have somewhere to stay thats cheap. Phil often operated a similar collection now and then. Also the season is not long (until Sept).

So please don't abuse the facility or Dafydd as we are very fortunate to be in the carpark after the lock smashing incident.

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 2-6-2006 at 06:19 Reply With Quote
Well said... It was only a matter of time I guess before the golf course realised they could cash in on the vans staying overnight and I guess you are still unlikely to find many other campsites so close to the beach for £5 a night.... It's best to keeo them sweet as they could stop us going in there all together if they so wished.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Spooker
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 932
Posts 624

Mood: rattle dem bones

posted on 2-6-2006 at 08:12 Reply With Quote
In times past when there were only the odd couple of vans on the beach, plus the odd overnighting car I guess it was pretty easy to turn a blind eye, but there were nearly 20 vans at one point over the weekend, and that is only likely to grow.
It had to happen eventually so I guess no-one is really surprised, but it's such a prime site, I for one do not have a problem with paying some to keep it. I'm sure others will disagree, but I shell out £40-£50 every time I come down on diesel and food (and beer), a bit more for such a convenient site is more likely to make rather than break the weekend.
Personally I think £5 is a bit steep for those who stay regularly, the only facilities being a (summer only?) portaloo. I would rather agree an annual fee, and just grab the occasionals for a fiver. It'll also stop Davydd knocking on the vanat 7.30 in the morning as he did to me!

thehill
Beach Bum

Member #: 1244
Posts 27

Mood:

posted on 2-6-2006 at 12:04 Reply With Quote
i agree with everything that has been said, it is a great setup and would be a real shame to lose it.

my only comment is the same as spooker, in that it might be better if we could negotiate an annual fee maybe. hopefully that would make it a bit cheaper than a fiver a night and would hopefuly make it easier for Dafydd to administer

Andy Howard

Member #: 1800
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 7-6-2006 at 14:23 Reply With Quote
So what's the score with getting through the gate these days? I have a car so it isn't a problem, but is there still a lock, and how do you get through the height barrier with a van?
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 8-6-2006 at 05:14 Reply With Quote
There is still a lock on the gate, but Dafydd who runs the car park these days is there more often than Phil was so the gate is open more often than it used to be. You should also be able to buy a key along with a season ticket, but I'm not sure exactly what the score is with the keys these days as I haven't got around to getting one yet.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 8-6-2006 at 08:15 Reply With Quote
the keys were available at the usual price of 10 pound assumiong you buy a pass also at a tenner; 20 quid gives you unlimited access. as al said Davydd is more on the case than Phill used to be and comes back late in the evening to check up on people staying over..............he also turns up at about 7 in the morning!!! as nick found out.

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

binclintonusa

Member #: 8380
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 11-6-2009 at 07:06 Reply With Quote
Thanks for sharing. It's great.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy