Author: Subject: trip to dahab
jaimie072
Grommet

Member #: 2017
Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 19-6-2006 at 13:48 Reply With Quote
trip to dahab

Just spend a week in Dahab. All in all it was a pretty good holiday. I stayed in the Dahabeya which was nice and hired gear from the Harry Nass centre. I sailed mostly 4.1 - 5.4 combats with ithe JP real world wave 69l - 84l. The 69l board was awesome, only 7'6 long. The wind was awesome, by 9am it was in and blew all day. However by late afternoon it got a little gusty. Generally it was force 5 - 6 or 6 - 7. I was quite surprised by the standard of windsurfing in Dahab. I expected it to be a lot better. I would say 95% of windsurfers would sail and gybe, that was it. The wave zone out the back would rarely have anyone out there, when it blew force 7 and the swell picked up producing good jumping waves there must have only been 4 people out there. Saying that the European No 1 ( I think he's Polish) was there and he was awesome. I also landed and sailed away from my first forward loop after 2 punishing days going over the handlebars. Practise makes perfect. I think my back is still bruised.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy