Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: back injury, any advice?
savage
Hot shot

Member #: 644
Posts 48

Mood:

posted on 14-7-2006 at 13:06 Reply With Quote
back injury, any advice?

Ive knackered me back up kitesurfing and am after some advice. The doctor says ive torn the ligaments. Its been 2 weeks now and it doesnt feel much different. The mornings are the worst but it eases up throughout the day. I am waiting to see a physio but wondered if any of you lot know any good exercises or anything to sort it out. Any ideas how long it usually takes for this kind of thing to repair? Any advice will be much appreciated

Cheers

Ben

Alicia - ESP

Member #: 2081
Posts 3

Mood:

posted on 18-7-2006 at 10:30 Reply With Quote
Bad luck! My only advice would be to maybe see a chiropracter as well & be wary of relying on doctor. My mate hurt his back a couple of years ago & the doctor told him he would need an operation, etc. He decided to try other ways first, like physio & a chiropracter, & he's now fine - without having to resort to risky surgery.

Have you considered asking a yoga teacher for advice?

Good luck.

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 18-7-2006 at 20:48 Reply With Quote
welcome to the club Ben! although as far as i know (having torn some in my ankle years ago in the snowboard and the doc saying pity i had not brokend it so they could have fixed it) knowledge told from the said Doc ; they dont heal generaly ,have to have operation to stitch them together.
however look on the bright side my lower back has been like that for ..........................well none of your business how long, except to say that Craig is now 26....like you say in the morning its stiff and if you do some warm ups its fine..till you tweek it and then hey presto is'nt that what ibuprophene was invented for?
i find gentle half sit ups and then cat stretching the back is wonderfull! look forward to the good days!!!!!
and see you on the beach

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 19-7-2006 at 04:37 Reply With Quote
As Neil says... Join the club. I'll think you'll find there are quite a few of us with back problems here... Ask Dunk about his recent surgery if you want to scare yourself.

I've been suffering with back problems for years now too, according to MRI scans I have a couple of prolapsed disks and a twisted spine. I'm in almost constant pain, always have sciatica in my left buttock and leg, and that is on the good days. If I do something silly I can be virtually immobile for a couple of weeks.... You may be lucky and it will heal up and that will be that, but it seems that most back problems end up becoming recurring issues.

Take it easy.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

andy B
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1118
Posts 209

Mood: ah ripped again

posted on 19-7-2006 at 19:13 Reply With Quote
Bad luck dude, i think a trip to a ostyopath may be worth a go, have a word with borth Chris he does it for a living.hope you get sorted soon see ya when your fixed.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy