Author: Subject: Awesome sport
TomB1982

Member #: 2705
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 25-10-2006 at 14:02 Reply With Quote
Awesome sport

Hi Everyone,

I do a bit of surfing but never really thought about kite-surfing before. Got my attention by talking to a few guys on tiredandtested there aren't enough of you guys on there and think you need to spread the knowledge. There are loads of other sports on there too.

Going to NZ soon, does anyone know if it's going to be easy for me to get started over there? Best places to go etc?

[Edited on 25-10-2006 by TomB1982]

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 25-10-2006 at 15:48 Reply With Quote
Yip loads of places to learn over there. Take a look at kitesurfing holiday .com

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Jonny
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 394
Posts 308

Mood: waitin for the next blow!

posted on 25-10-2006 at 22:48 Reply With Quote
Theres tons of places over there. The best place to learn would probably be Christchurch at the estuary next to the Underground kiteshop/board manufacture. There should be a few teachers there who will help you out and you got the estuary to play in. Its pretty consistent for 15knot Easterly winds in the summer pretty much everyday and the waters super shallow and waist deep for a few 100 metres. Excellent place for learning.

Wellingtons not that good for kiting although there are a few spots but not sure if theres any instructors there. Aucklands good as well although its not as consistent for wind in the summer and you've got about 4/5 different shops to choose your kit from. www.windscene.co.nz are pretty good

Another good bet is Mt. Manganui/Tauranga. Another great place to learn and I think there'l be a few instructors there who could help you out and you've got the Assault boardriders shop who are fantastic. They helped me out big time last year when I needed a windsurfing part and good on there prices.
www.assault.co.nz

Theres also other spots like Raglan near Hamilton that has a school and Nelson on the top of the South island which agains a decent spot.

Best thing to do is work out which island your gonna be based on and work out your best spot to learn from there. Theres loadsa info on the net.

Jonny

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy