Author: Subject: Best Place to Watch?
nath_2099

Member #: 5176
Posts 3

Mood: feeling good

posted on 22-2-2007 at 12:56 Reply With Quote
Best Place to Watch?

Hi,

As you may know from my other post I cannot even swim, let alone surf yet, but would not mind going to watch and maybe get a few snaps (im a studying photo-journalism).

where would be the best place to go and when? and are surfers approachable? I play ice hockey and some players just wont give you the time of day, just wondering if it the same?

Nath

[Edited on 22/2/07 by nath_2099]

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 22-2-2007 at 13:06 Reply With Quote
It'll be the same with most things... some will be fine, some won't.... But if you're offering to take some snaps of people their ego's will take over and they'll be more than happy to talk to you!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

danh
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1646
Posts 206

Mood: Need new toys

posted on 22-2-2007 at 13:12 Reply With Quote
depends where about you live and how far you want to travel, obviously the cornish coast has some of the best breaks in england. Perranporth has some great viewing spots particuarly on the hill that runs up the side of the beach some fantastic views to go with it aswell. Newquay is an obvious one, fistral beach also might be able to get some good shots from the hotel that looks over the bay, cant remember the name of this place. Shem may be able to enlighten you. Newquay harbour may be a good place to get close up shots of surfers. Devon is a popular place too and places like croyde bay and woolacoombe are popular spots.

Ive got to be honest i dont find surfers as easy to talk to these days especially in cornwall, surfers always like their space but i went surfing in cornwall for the first time in 3 years last year and was not made to feel comfortable at all. Even the kite surfers were a**e holes.

Get your self to borth/dovey instead and get some shots of the kiters ripping it up, mega mega friendly over there aswell (not in that sense). Then further down the line grab yourself a kite and get wet with the rest of us you wont look back.

why tip toe through life only to arrive safely at death?

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 22-2-2007 at 13:22 Reply With Quote
Headland Hotel in Fistral is probably the hotel danh mentions. They have a webcam too.

North Fistral Webcam

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

danh
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1646
Posts 206

Mood: Need new toys

posted on 22-2-2007 at 14:02 Reply With Quote
thats the one Al thanks.

Cribbar aswell when its working provides some of the biggest swells in england. Youd probably have to be pretty keen and track the surf to catch that one though, never seen it in the flesh myself.

Also a little place called St agnes again great for close up shots as the break is very close to shore. Great pub there aswell

Surfed there once when i was still only a beginner, learnt the hard way i tell you, surf can get pretty meaty there and they close out real quick if you surf the first break, and in 2 seconds your washed up onto a stoney beach which hurts. lol.

Ill stop waffling now, im sure someone can provide far better info than me. They're just places i used to surf quite alot and still go on holiday to.

why tip toe through life only to arrive safely at death?

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy