Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: UK Waves
victorpinera

Member #: 6552
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 26-4-2007 at 19:13 Reply With Quote
UK Waves

Hello everybody !!!! I am a spanish guy who used to practice bodyboard in my town but now i've come live to London. I would like to ask you if anyone knows where can i go to bodyboard close to London. Maybe in a year i will leave London to go to another english town and i want to chose one with a beach that i can surfer frecuently.

Sorry for my english and thank you for your help

southbourne sponger
Grommet

Member #: 1565
Posts 9

Mood:

posted on 4-5-2007 at 20:29 Reply With Quote
Hi Victor,
You could always try bournemouth, but the waves can be few and far between most of the time. If I was you head west, devon or cornwall(north coast) and you won't go to wrong. Look on magicseaweed for east coast breaks I've only ever surfed a break up near sunderland in the winter(very cold). If your thinking of moving Devon or Cornwall would be the place's to go but lets not forget Wales or Ireland.

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 2-6-2007 at 20:19 Reply With Quote
Hi there,

I would agree with Soutbourne Sponger. Going to North Devon would be good if possible, especially check out Croyde Bay, it can get really crowded but is well worth it sometimes.

Otherwise Bournemouth is your best place to go. The waves don't arrive much as Southbourne Sponger said, but there is currently an artificial reef being built there to create waves suitable for surfing. Europe's first artificial reef! The Reef is being built from the sea using divers so it's construction is very weather dependent. According to the latest schedule work commenced in May 2007 for completion by October. If it is not finished by then, work may be delayed until the following spring.
As the Reef is being built from the sea, using dredgers and divers, it's construction is very weather dependent. According to the latest schedule, this means work should commence in around may 2007 for completion by October. If it is not finished by then, work may be delayed until the following spring. Bournemouth is one of favourite places in the world. For more info on Bournemouth go to:

www.bournemouth-surfing.com

Other places you can check out are Eastbourne, The Wedge, Joss Bay, Boscombe, Southbourne and Highcliffe. To find surf spots near you, go to:

www.wannasurf.com

[Edited on 2-6-2007 by Airborne]

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy