Author: Subject: blackrock posse 2007
kiteboardingcrazy
Pro

Member #: 707
Posts 119

Mood: Someone mention wind???

posted on 20-5-2007 at 20:36 Reply With Quote
blackrock posse 2007

had a epic kiting session at blackrock on sat , ian and rob joined me ,flat water kiting with a perfect on shore wind. blasting up and down the full length of the beach,with nice waves to launch off truly awesome one of my best kiting sessions.cheers guy see ya next time..starting to think blackrock better than borth
Noo Noo
Hot shot

Member #: 6532
Posts 71

Mood: I like to be wet

posted on 22-5-2007 at 08:23 Reply With Quote
This is excellent news for me. 12 miles from home!!

Are you planning a trip over the coming WE. If so please let me know. I wont be kiting as I'm looking after my Little un but I will come and say hello and launch / land a few kites.

Thanks in advance

Loxley
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1919
Posts 382

Mood: all I need is everything...

posted on 22-5-2007 at 09:53 Reply With Quote
Well I was up the road at Pwllheli on saturday and can confirm wind and sun were spot on there too but dismally I failed to get out though as no one else turned up and I am not happy being a long kiter in case of emergencies. Girlfriend will testify or maybe exagerate that I said 40 times "its perfect kiting weather !".

Still have a couple of mates joining me for the long weekend so hope to get wet, although if there's a crowd we may head down to the rock and join you guys.

kiteboardingcrazy
Pro

Posts 119

posted on 23-5-2007 at 07:53 Reply With Quote
kitsurfing is banned at pwhelli /abersoch the only place we have had permission to kite is aberech sands,in the interests of keeping kiting available on this coastline and not getting it completely banned please dont kite there the council are already aware of the situation and i am in close contact with pwhelli harbour master and harbour police we dont want to make the situation any worse.you are more then welcome to join us at aberech sands or blackrock.......
Loxley
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1919
Posts 382

Mood: all I need is everything...

posted on 23-5-2007 at 11:29 Reply With Quote
there is a 'no powerkiting' sign at the entrance to the beach, but not a 'no kitesurfing' one.

there were a couple of guys out on the water the other weekend and no one paid any heed.

shame if it is banned there as it's a great shallow bay.

what's their reason for banning it ? there's little or no beach obstacles behind and if its away from the harbour entrance then i cant see the problem.

dont want to cause an upset, but would like clarification.

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 24-5-2007 at 07:30 Reply With Quote
hi Mark you are asked to go up the beach a couple of hundred metres before you launch; the locals access the beach from another road down towards a caravan site i think then walk over the dunes; if you walk along the sand you will see the entrance.

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

kiteboardingcrazy
Pro

Posts 119

posted on 24-5-2007 at 08:24 Reply With Quote
your best bet is launching from aberech sands, drive out of pwhelli toward porthmadog and look out for a roundabout there is a massive camp site on the right over the railway lines there we lauch from there,wind looks awesome for this weekend and we will all be down on blackrock sands on saturday if anyone wants to join us,ps hi there neil hows you doing mate hows the missus..

[Edited on 24-5-2007 by kiteboardingcrazy]

Noo Noo
Hot shot

Member #: 6532
Posts 71

Mood: I like to be wet

posted on 30-5-2007 at 16:41 Reply With Quote
Anyone planning a trip this weekend?

I'm home and a quick dart to BRS would be brilliant especially having had a look there over the weekend just gone.

I didn't see anyone out (Thursday) but could do with a few pointers before attempting anywhere on my own.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy