Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: need new kite!!!!!!!!!!
rohanday
Grommet

Member #: 6698
Posts 7

Mood: chilled

posted on 25-6-2007 at 12:49 Reply With Quote
need new kite!!!!!!!!!!

i,m lookin 4 a new/used kite but i,m not sure what to go for ,i got a north toro 14m an a torch 8m need a 10 or 12 but i,m not sure bow or c kite / i like the pop and strength of the c but i never tried a bow yet, what u recon?????????????

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 25-6-2007 at 18:34 Reply With Quote
Hybrid for defo, massive wind range, 100 % de power on all the best ones. Every one thats taken the jump wont go back!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

col123
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 405
Posts 1022

Mood: who needs wind anyway

posted on 26-6-2007 at 07:32 Reply With Quote
won't go back...well i am (ish) nice shiny new toy for me, only one in country mmmmmm might try it sat

To Infirmary and beyond..

kiteboardingcrazy
Pro

Member #: 707
Posts 119

Mood: Someone mention wind???

posted on 26-6-2007 at 19:57 Reply With Quote
bow kite????

get your self the new torch there awesome,with double depower bow kite are for gays
jon d hat
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1437
Posts 410

Mood: Not long to go..Morocco again!

posted on 26-6-2007 at 22:27 Reply With Quote
MMM ...more time on the water...less gear to take to the beach...yep, I'll never be a competition freestyler...Count me and most of the people I know into that category Phill...I think you mean BOW MO SEXUAL..LOL

shem

Posts 2204

posted on 27-6-2007 at 06:36 Reply With Quote
"Crazy", I seem to remember you saying the same about riding mutants, but then you saw us all having more fun than you on our twin tips and now your riding a crazy fly, (as suggested). Go to any beach and 90% of people, at least are riding bows or hybrids, it says it all.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

kiteboardingcrazy
Pro

Posts 119

posted on 27-6-2007 at 08:30 Reply With Quote
still ride my mutant over at hells mouth were the water close in is a bit deeper.you cannot convince me to ride bow kites sorry.but as regards to the crazy fly its a awesome board
as regards to most people riding bows is that why most of the pros on the kwpt tour are using naish torch 3 erm strange!!!!
ps nice to see you still arguing the case though shem what happened to that aussie poet guy you where taken the piss out of anyway has he given up on you?

[Edited on 27-6-2007 by kiteboardingcrazy]

kiteboardingcrazy
Pro

Posts 119

posted on 27-6-2007 at 08:35 Reply With Quote
bow kite????

jon da hat i agree with you less gear but with the new improved wind range of the torch 3 i too have now only 2 kites covering my full wind range,and with the double depower system on the naish torch 3 its as good as a bow kite at depowering and does not jelly fish in the air like i have found a bow kite does.i suppose differant strokes for differant folks eh...we will both beg to differ..
debate closed

dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 27-6-2007 at 11:11 Reply With Quote
Horses for courses, each to there own.

I've one bow/ hybrid in my quiver (6m Boxer sle) But I have to say, I still love my Ravens. When they need renewing, I'll take a look at whats on the market at the time.

I think sailing what you like and what your comfortable with to is important. You need time to get dialed into you kit anyway.

As long as your having fun, who really cares if your on the lateist kit. It you riding that's what people see, not the colour or make of your kite.

Dunk

KITE / SAIL REPAIRS

http://www.jonnieeisler.com

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 27-6-2007 at 11:41 Reply With Quote
yep Dunk i think its what you like and what you get dialled into; tried my new 2006 9 mtre yarga on saturday and could not believe the difference to my older 2003 yargas......and strangely enough i prefer the older 2003 ones....i can tell where the kite is from the bar ,is that because i have had them for such a long time and am used to them?
i have my small 7 waroo(bow) as a storm kite; great when its howling and gusty as, but can't get the timing for jumps etc and never can tell where it is just from the bar, yet peeps who ride them all the time really love them and cannot understand why i i have trouble.......its because i only ride it maybe once in a blue moon.
like you say its horses for courses and what you are used to.....thank goodness we dont all like the same things, wouldnt it be a boring world?

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

shem

Posts 2204

posted on 27-6-2007 at 17:47 Reply With Quote
The main reason that I like hybrids, bows what ever ya call them, is that I dont have to watch kite mares on the beach any more. Ive seen so many newbies injur them selves, and stop kiting because they messed up and got hurt. Now with new kites it doesnt happen.

Also, a lot of kite makers have stopped making Cs, and in 2 years they probably wont even be available, WHY???? Because they dont sell! Float through any Kite surf magazine, and this years C kites are on massive sale, a lot at trade price, again, a clear indication that they arent being bought, so if its a C kite you want go grab a bargain, but when it drags you up the beach ask your self why its so cheap. Rant over.

Oh and I still have plenty of C kites, and teach on them, but only in certain conditions and ways.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

jon d hat
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 410

posted on 27-6-2007 at 19:00 Reply With Quote
Yeh points taken! I'm not ranting bout kites..each to their own. I still have two of my C kites that I dont use any more, learned on them and progressed...spent a year blowing up 2 and 3 kites each session and often dragging my ar$£ in the water when I was overpowered, now I just sheet out! My bow's dont jellyfish in fact they are incredibly stableand just rock through the gusts. My riding has come on and I never feel as knackered so get more time on the water. They fly off the aparent wind and sit further forward in the wind window so dialing in your tricks takes a few sessions but with persiverence will seeyou having a ball. As far as PKRA is conserned..your deluding yourself if you compair the riding we do to what they are trying to achieve but hey...go for it...a bunch of teanagers doin kiteloop danglepasses...does nothin for me..but thats their bag and good luck to them. C's of a sort will always be there..you'll always find some people want to ride R1's and others Arial square 4's...nough said.

Catch you all on the water..be up for the weekend with the crew..l8r's

col123
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 405
Posts 1022

Mood: who needs wind anyway

posted on 28-6-2007 at 19:26 Reply With Quote
ah Mr hat i have the new ocean rodeo rise with me as well as the airush vapour, fingers crossed for the wind and the toys wil be out see you on the beach

To Infirmary and beyond..

jon d hat
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 410

posted on 28-6-2007 at 20:06 Reply With Quote
Col...where you gona be?? I'm thinking Blackrock or Dyfi but would'nt mind a look at the OR..what size is it?

And before I get a bundle of abuse about wanting to know how big Col's rise is, I was defo referring to the kite..

shem

Posts 2204

posted on 28-6-2007 at 20:11 Reply With Quote
Will you be sailing early morning Col? Then youd have a MORNING RISE!! Bet thatd be the first in a while for some one your age hey!!!!!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy