Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: I know nothing .....
jacktheraver

Member #: 6862
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 4-8-2007 at 16:40 Reply With Quote
I know nothing .....

about body boarding but looking to get well into it, ive brought a board a morey mach 9 not shure if that was a good choice as a starther board or not ?, im just looking to get some fins and savers and i think im set? what fins would be best do i need to go a size bigger for neo socks?? thanks in advance : )
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 13-8-2007 at 23:33 Reply With Quote
Sorry for the late reply.

The Morey Mach 9 board should be fine as a starter board, it will help you progress quickly with your riding style. I can’t find much information on the Mach 9 but it looks an intermediate board at least. It has good channels (grooves on the bottom near the tail) so you can hold and keep more stable on a wave. It also has a “bat” shaped tail, most beginners go for cresent tails, but because you’ll be practicing and learning with a bat tail it will help you progress. Bat tails give a faster and more manoeuvrable ride, and if you use this from the start then you’ll develop a better bodyboarding skill right from being a beginner.

For fins it's best if you try them on in the shop. There's nothing worse than having cramp in your feet, or if they're too tight or loose when trying to have fun bodyboarding. Try fins on with the neoprene socks on too, otherwise the fins might be too tight, same applies if you're thinking of wearing wetboots. So yes, I usually buy at least one size larger than what my foot actually is. You can still wear fins one size larger without neoprene socks on anyway so long as you have fin savers, it also decreases rubbing or the risk of cramp.

I have Hydro Tech 2 fins which are super comfey and powerful, classed as one of the best fins out there, along side the classic Churchill fins. Although Churchill's are larger, heavier and less flexible in my opinion, maybe more prone to cause calve cramp. Viper fins are good for speed but are more uncomfey and really long, heavy and stiff. Some shorter fins are good like the Manta Sharp Cuts, if you can find them to buy, they're good for both prone and drop knee, and are really soft and comfey.
Check out the description of each fin on the internet for more info.

jacktheraver

Member #: 6862
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 15-8-2007 at 19:38 Reply With Quote
Hey, thanks for the advice much appreciated, I did buy some Hydro tech 2 fins in cola but unfortunatly got a size large but think Im in need of an extra large (ive got natural flipper feet me thinks).Its choking, they cost me almost £50 if anyone on here would be interested in buying them theyre unworn and never seen water & ill sell them for £35 buyer to collect from Bournemouth area,postage another option but would prefer pick up.
Im heading down Cornwall way end of August and hope to be catching my first waves then, fingers crossed!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy