Author: Subject: stupid question
swede
Grommet

Member #: 7377
Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 25-2-2008 at 21:09 Reply With Quote
stupid question

hi im new to kitesurfin only had 8 hrs in tarifa and was just gettin on the board when i had 2 come home the instructer got me sorted with some cheap gear before i left but its a best kite and evrythin id used before was north and i dont know where 2 put the safety leash i have an idea but want 2 be sure also from ireland but will be over here in midlands this year workin anyway am lookin for newb friendly beaches or anywhere else to practice anybody help?
Pluto
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 598
Posts 281

Mood:

posted on 25-2-2008 at 22:38 Reply With Quote
I can't say for sure, but ask anyone on the beach, if they can't work it out or know themselves, they'll point you towards someone who can!

www.kitesurfteacher.co.uk
IKO/BKSA Instructor

swede
Grommet

Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 25-2-2008 at 23:27 Reply With Quote
dovey

iv read about dovey can u kite in the bay ?do u need high tide ?is there any better learner friendly spots than this ?and when u look at windguru for dovey do u put in borth?
danh
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1646
Posts 206

Mood: Need new toys

posted on 26-2-2008 at 08:27 Reply With Quote
You wont find many spots more learner friendly than dovey or Borth. Dovey has been my favoured spot since i started 2 1/2 years ago. Dovey has big lagoons for you to learn in and the massif on both sides are the friendliest and most helpful people you'll meet. You can approach anyone for advice.

As for kiting in dovey, most people head about 1/4 mile out of the town just around to the point. Thats where you will get the best of the lagoons.

Dovey works on all states of tide, except a huge high tide where there wont be any space to set up.

Yeah stick Borth into wind guru, although xcweather is worth looking at aswell. Or if your planning on frequenting dovey/borth Al has set up a quality weather station on this site for a mere £20 a year.

[Edited on 26-2-2008 by danh]

why tip toe through life only to arrive safely at death?

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 26-2-2008 at 09:42 Reply With Quote
hi there swede loads of us come from the midlands( the birmingham navy ) and sail at borth most weekends known as the borth Massif . for borth drive across the golf course ; its actually ynyslas and into the main car park by the sea front, look for our camper vans and make sure you say hello.
theres me (neil) in the merc van, Andy b in the big fiat, Chris (kitefish) in the peugeot/talbot, Tony in the fiat, Andy (spooks) in the red Vaux, Jon D'hat in the white VW and loads more but we tend to be there most weekends and are the fiercest, sorry read friendliest peeps around

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

Graham
Pro

Member #: 1494
Posts 88

Mood:

posted on 26-2-2008 at 10:47 Reply With Quote
DON'T BE FOOLED SWEDE

They're all pikey yobs!!! trying to lull you into a false sense of security....they'll steal your wife and eat your children

Fiamma cycle racks available now at HUGE savings
http://www.everythingfiamma.co.uk

swede
Grommet

Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 26-2-2008 at 13:17 Reply With Quote
cheers fellas have no work for 2 weeks might head over this eve have rumbly camper {cherry tree} looks like plenty of wind , only 1 kite though 07 yarga 11mtr hopefully wont be 2much power,uve prob most been 2 tarifa amazin spot had 2 weeks there but only3-4 good days for newb never been anywhere like it but didnt bump into many english ones though

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy