Author: Subject: Rig Lost at Ynyslas
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 9-3-2008 at 07:37 Reply With Quote
Rig Lost at Ynyslas

RichieP has asked me to post the following, (Not sure why he didn't post it himself, but here goes)...

quote:
I lost my rig today Windsurfing out the back off the golf course (Ynyslas) where all the kite surfers launch. Unfortunately I had a challenging swim back with my board after the UJ popped and the rig got mullered by a wave and escaped my grasp. If it turns up at the beach it was a 4.7m North Superstar (silver/blue/yellow) with a brand new x3 Pryde boom (red) I would be eternally grateful if the finder could let me know if it turns up.

That's the gist of it anyway, so if anyone finds it let us know and we'll get it back to its rightful owner... I've lost a couple of rigs myself out there and never saw a sign of them again, but it could just as easily get washed up as get washed out so keep your eyes peeled.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 9-3-2008 at 09:46 Reply With Quote
Richie.... Forgot to say that you should also inform the Coastguard of your loss (if you haven't already done so).... Not only so that they can reunite you with your kit if someone finds it and reports it to them, but more importantly so that they know you aren't out there as well... We wouldn't want them launching a full scale search and rescue because your kit has been washed up somewhere without you.

I always tell them when I lose kit at sea and they are always grateful that I've let them know... Give them a quick call.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 9-3-2008 at 10:17 Reply With Quote
yep coast gaurd is the first call !

my last lost rig turned up at weston super mare beach a day later , not a bad travel from barry !
rig was in perfect nick except for the mud coating .
unfortunatly the board never turned up .

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy