Loxley
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1919
Posts 382

Mood: all I need is everything...

posted on 14-4-2009 at 12:14 Reply With Quote
Free Motorhome Parking in Paris ... Details here

Hi all,

We have just got back from an Easter weekend trip to Paris in the van. Although we had booked on a site, it turns out you can park up overnight in some places.
We stayed in the Bois de Boulougne campsite, it's right on the river, a large site with good facilities. Address is Bois de Boulogne Campground
All?©e du Bord de l'Eau
75 016 Paris. This is on the edge of the Bois de Boulougne park/wood/forest. Which is very close to everything !
http://www.mobilhome-paris.com/en/frames.htm />
However, we noticed lots of vans parked up in various spots around and through the park, so for our last night/day we did the same. We parked within 100metres of the Port Maillot metro line. It all appeared very safe and secure with lots of other cars/vans/campers parking up along the routes. We certainly had no trouble.

This spot is also less than a 100m from the peripherique exit for the Arc de Triomphe as well. We did undertake the drive up and around it on sunday night and have the video to prove the experience !!

Anyway, for those looking for a short weekend in Paris, then i would recommend either the site or just wild camping. I would just wild camp when we go again. Tolls were a bit steep though, for our 7m van it was €45 on the way in and €30 on the run back to Calais.

PM me if you want any more info, sat nav coords etc etc

Mark

[Edited on 14-4-2009 by Loxley]

Thomanji

Member #: 9069
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 1-9-2010 at 08:05 Reply With Quote
Thanks for the tip

This sounds interesting. I will be in Paris on the end of September 2010 for 2 or maybe 3 nights before heading to Rome. Any tips on this sport, do you think I need to reserve and do you have a tip what is the best way to get there without going through the centre of the city.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Best wishes,
Thomas

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy