justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 18-5-2009 at 08:04 Reply With Quote
Aberystwyth MTB Rides. Week beginning 18th May

Night Ride
YMBC weekly evening ride is on Wednesday 20th. Venue is Anglers Retreat. Meet at the usual spot just over the top of the hill on the fire road that leaves the Nant-y-moch road at SN 702 909 and park at SN 731 911. Park here: http://www.multimap.com/s/cKkIfOCx. We'll probably do a trip out to the chute, down and back via Hyddgen .

Lights are not a necessity, but if we do a long loop it may be wise to pack them. Maybe bring something warm for the end of the ride as it still gets cold later on. Bringing a change of clothing might be a good idea as the trails are very wet at the moment - so waterproof coat, shorts, socks, boots or boat (actually leave the boat, reserve that for the conti trail!).

Brechfa
Brechfa is supposed to be riding really well at the mo so I'm planning a trip down there one afternoon. Likely to be Thursday at the moment.

Weekend Rides
I'm sure there will be an early morning one and possibly other rides going on too... Check back later.

General Info
There is a group of 10ish transient and 4-5 regular “hardcore” riders who join in on these rides in and around Aber/Mach.
We will ride for 2-2¬? hours depending on the people who join us, at a social pace. Please feel welcome to join us at any time.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 21-5-2009 at 06:09 Reply With Quote
Ride last night was good, despite the pouring rain and swollen rivers!

Dave, Dan, Simon and myself turned up but we did the Figure of Eight loop into Artists Valley and then out along the MXer Trails rather than the longer route out to The Chute... the rivers out that way would have been far too deep.

I'm off to Brechfa this afternoon, hopefully for a ride around the Raven (Black) Trail, but we'll see how I feel by then and what the weather is like.. I could end up just doing the Gorlech.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy