Author: Subject: Beachwatch Beach clean - Big Weekend
paulahyper

Member #: 8575
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 15-9-2009 at 15:09 Reply With Quote
Beachwatch Beach clean - Big Weekend

Hello,
My name is Paula and I’m working with SeaFrance to promote the Beachwatch Big Weekend.

The Beachwatch Big Weekend is organised by The Marine Conservation Society (MCS) and is a nation-wide beach clean-up and litter survey. It involves thousands of volunteers from around the UK who spend just a few hours helping to clean up and survey our coastline.

We’re looking for people to help survey and clean as much of the coast as possible during Beachwatch Big Weekend 2009, taking place over the weekend of 19th-20th September. If you’re interested you could organise a MCS Beachwatch Big Weekend event, get your family, friends and colleagues involved, and make a difference to your local beach.

There are two ways you can get involved - either help at an organised clean-up and survey event as a 'Volunteer', find a Beachwatch Big Weekend beach near you, or ‘adopt’ your own beach as a MCS Beachwatch Big Weekend 'Organiser'. Join the SeaFrance Facebook Page to keep updated and download the Beachwatch promotion poster.

You can also donate to The Marine Conservation Society when booking a SeaFrance fare online – please go to The SeaFrance Environment Page.

I’d love to hear your comments about this event and feel free to post any questions below.

Paula

Dave
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 15
Posts 388

Mood: Hey Ho

posted on 17-9-2009 at 18:52 Reply With Quote
See the following post re the Ynyslas Beach Clean

borth-rowing-club.org.uk
borthlifeboat.org.uk

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy