Nick
Pro

Member #: 218
Posts 118

Mood: don't like winter.....too dark

posted on 22-5-2003 at 11:25 Reply With Quote
new bloke

Hello everyone!,

Yet another midlander to add to the list I'm afraid. I live in Droitwich and normally sail at Bartley Green in Brum, althought I'll be in Aberdovey with the family for the first week in June (arriving Sat 31st May).

Spent a week in Aberdovey at the same time last year but didn't bring any gear coz our two boys 1 & 2 at the time were such a handfull. Typically the wind was great all week.

I'll be bringing my gear this time and hope to get out as often as possible. Wind permitting (PLEASE) and looking at the tide times this will probably be in the morning. I'll be the ginger one on the Techno/Flow drifting up or down the Dovey!

I've never sailed here before so any local advice would be welcome. I'm early intermediate - in the harness+straps (on the Techno at least), waterstarting and aiming to nail the carve gybe this year.

Fantastic site by the way Al - the diaries section is a really great idea - hopefully I'll have a few five star ratings to add in early June!

All the best

Nick

paul
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 5
Posts 445

Mood: Well Chuffed

posted on 22-5-2003 at 12:14 Reply With Quote
Welcome to the site Nick, saw your diary entry too, you may have had a few problems as there probably wasn't enough wind for that board, you'll find it a whole heap better with a 6m or less sail and wind over force 4.

The harness lines probably felt different to normal as the techno settings will be different to a smaller board, I tend to have my lines longer and the boom higer on my techno than I do with smaller boards.

Hope you get a windy week in wales.

Home Page
http://www.nationalwindsurfingweek.org

badexcuseforasailor
A Force-of-Nature ***

Top Poster 2003

Member #: 116
Posts 846

Mood: wheres the wind?

posted on 22-5-2003 at 21:38 Reply With Quote
I'm glad you just said about the harness lines being different for a smaller board. I changed from big techno to medium e at weekend and for a while it all went tits up. Had to really shorten the lines to enable me to get mast foot pressure and stop luffing up and spinning out.

thought it was me!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy