Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: motor bike/enduro advice
shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 29-12-2009 at 22:34 Reply With Quote
motor bike/enduro advice

The ninja aint had much use this year. So Im contemplating a switch in style. I still want a bike I can use on the road, including 30min to hour long journeys. but fancy checking out more fire tracks and occasional single track.

Im thinking about a suzuki drz400 (e). seems to have decent power, and road an offf road ability. xr400 I dont fancy as I want electric start, any other suggestions? Looked at a few ktm's but dont really know what model to consider
. as a wild card Ive considered a ccm r30 600 super moto.

those in the know please advise!!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

col123
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 405
Posts 1022

Mood: who needs wind anyway

posted on 30-12-2009 at 15:58 Reply With Quote
buy my ktm 450exc, it's a beast..

drz good bike for mainly road use but off road bit heavy etc, i suppose the ktm's are almost opposite..awesome off road but on road you have to be sensible as it'll bite, theres so much power there, (450 anyway).

decide how much on or off roading your going to do, and that should point yo in right direction, ccm, drz for more road or full on comp bikes such as ktm exc, or the honda crx's.

little nick has a big ktm trailee, but uses his cr honda for more throw about ability..(new made up word).

Then again my 450 exc 04 plate, might be up for sale..only for me to buy a newer model of course

shem

Posts 2204

posted on 30-12-2009 at 17:24 Reply With Quote
its gona be split down the middle Col, but I wont do any events, I just wana go finding new mtb trails round here. and ride all the old rovers roads, etc. Ill also use for up to hour long journeys. I expect Ill get two wheel sets, so I can do a five minuite swop over from knobblies and have slicks for road bashing. So from what youve said the drz will prob be better. I did have a look at a ktm525 supa moto, but I recn itd be a beats to handle off road, even compared to my 150bhp ninja.( which also bites, a lot, lol) Oh the choices!!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

col123
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 405
Posts 1022

Mood: who needs wind anyway

posted on 31-12-2009 at 10:53 Reply With Quote
have a look at www.leisuretrail.co.uk used bike section, or www.enduronews.com loads of bikes for sale also links to loads of shops.

400 or 450 will be plenty, WR yamaha's are nice as well

kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 31-12-2009 at 15:57 Reply With Quote
sold the last enduro bike to buy a cycle ! trails are doomed on motobikes now - well down south they are , its become unaceptable here all the old coal tips are ---yea still old tips but you get booked now ..
back to the bike a drz is good all rounder its limits are that its electric start only so if you drop it /flood it or something similar it dont take much to run battery flat , then in the middle of nowhere its a beast to push start ...

depends how hard a trail your going to ride off road on , supermoto wheels a bonus if you can get them

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status
shem

Posts 2204

posted on 31-12-2009 at 18:44 Reply With Quote
were lucky up here theres loads of legal trails, mainly forestry fire track and very rocky, virtually trials worth stuff. Cheers for the links. took out a 09 plate drz,e, today, liked it, very loose and light feeling compared to thou sports bikes, I think Im gona like it

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy