Author: Subject: Tywyn Beach Closed!
T217
Grommet

Member #: 7399
Posts 11

Mood:

posted on 9-2-2010 at 17:18 Reply With Quote
Tywyn Beach Closed!

Hey y'all. Went to Tywyn for a cheeky surf today, put my wetsuit on, got my board out of the van, and then one of the contractors informed me that the beach is shut and I wouldn't be allowed on to it. He also informed me it was for the stretch of beach from the golf course right up past Tywyn itself, and for the next two months.

To be honest the guy was really nice about it, so jumped in the van and went down the coast, but had he not I probably would have just gone straight in anyway, or had the surf been worthwhile - which it wasn't! Would like to see them come in after you!

I don't think this is going to be an issue on the weekends, but in the week there is some pretty heavy machinery razzing around the beach so something to be aware of. Incidentally there are no signs anywhere saying it is shut (that I saw), but I didn't bother arguing the toss as I just wanted a quick paddle! Should be interesting to see what it happens to the banks now...

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 10-2-2010 at 16:26 Reply With Quote
Im sure youll be able to find a quiet spot. I certanly wudnt let it put you off. To be honest, Im sure you could park down at Neptunes and walk a couple of hundred yards down the beach and surf there. I ownder if well get a new wave off the edge of one of the break waters??

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

T217
Grommet

Posts 11

Mood:

posted on 11-2-2010 at 17:14 Reply With Quote
Hi Shem,

Not put off, just wary theres a few peeps on here who travel from Midlands way to surf there, so thought they might want to know.

You're right though, there's loads of other spots up and down that stretch of coastline and I surfed a bit further down which apparently was also closed, no worries, apart from the waves were pretty she yite, unlike Saturday

Doesn't look like too much going on weather wise this weekend, probably throw myself down a few hills on the bikes...

T217
Grommet

Posts 11

Mood:

posted on 11-2-2010 at 17:31 Reply With Quote
Also, apparently they are building a monster sized 'dog bone' shaped rocky groyne(?) out from the front, so hopefully it should produce a nice wave off the side. From what I could gather it should be a left. Boooo!

Will be interested to see how if shapes the sandbars as well out front, as guess there will be a lot of water bouncing back of the 'rock garden'...

PS. Anybody know how to make the avatar work? Just posted a link in the URL slot but nothing came up... Maybe it needs approving? More likely I missed something!

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 11-2-2010 at 22:29 Reply With Quote
heres another spot locally tha was working beautifully that weekend, and the main reason Im not worried about tywyn sea fornt being out of order , ha ha.

shem has attached this image:

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

mkp
Grommet

Member #: 9118
Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 13-10-2010 at 18:02 Reply With Quote
I am feeling sorry for T217. I had to go through a similar experience some time ago. Both I and my wife were working at a call centre at that time and unexpectedly both of us got a salary hike. So we decided to celebrate the occasion. We had planned to celebrate at Baga Beach in Goa, India. We hired a vehicle and drove all the way from Mumbai to Goa only to realize that the beach was closed for some restoration work. It was a really annoying experience for us.

[Edited on 22-10-2010 by mkp]

Basement Dehumidifier

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy