Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Best UK location
adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 4-8-2002 at 20:52 Reply With Quote
Best UK location

Looking for some ideas for a camping break in the Uk. Want somewhere I can windsurf, kite and maybe go biking. Also an easier location for teaching a beginner to windsurf.

Have thought about maybe Pembrokeshire, should have everything and I think Dale is ok for beginners if the sea is a bit rough as its sheltered anyone know of good campsites for a base? Or could head to Devon/Cornwall but where would be ok for beginners there.

If all else fails I'll head back to Borth as it has all of the above......

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 5-8-2002 at 17:09 Reply With Quote
Adam,
Borth is best of course..., but keeping on a Welsh theme, The Gower could be good for you. It has pretty much everything you need. When are you thinking of going??...I fancy a weekend away in either the Gower, or North Wales (Dinas Dinlle) again...maybe we could meet up.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

nicp
Hot shot

Member #: 30
Posts 37

Mood:

posted on 6-8-2002 at 08:36 Reply With Quote
In devon you've got Saunton but it's a bluddy long walk with your kit. it is safe though and a nice beach.

The only place i ever sail in Cornwall is Daymer Bay - this is a very nice beach - fairly safe as long as you dont stray out into the middle of the estuary (if you know what you're doing though it's fantastic!). Just be careful of the fast moving tide. The other alternative is to launch straight into the estuary from rock - this is easier / flatter and as i said before as long as you're careful with the tide very safe.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 6-8-2002 at 16:26 Reply With Quote
Adam, 'Nicp' is right, Sauntons pretty cool...very similar to Borth in fact, but the swell is better. Also, there is a place called Crow Beach just around the corner which would be perfect (a couple of hours either side of Hgh Tide) for beginners...Very similar to the estuary here again. If you fancy it I can give you better directions to Crow Beach if you like...Its pretty much where I learnt to sail properly (if you can call what I do 'sailing properly'!). The thing that it does have over Borth of course is that if theres no wind, you've got a better chance of there being some decent surf than you have here...The beach is also just as good if not better for buggying etc.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy