Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: What board and fins does everyone use?
wez
Hot shot

Member #: 545
Posts 48

Mood: happy as larry

posted on 20-6-2005 at 09:19 Reply With Quote
I dont know if visions is coming out here , the only reason i saw it was because i am friends with someone that works at threesixty [ a british bodyboarding mag] and there get sent all the new dvds .
yer the jono section is sick its a pitty that we dont see more of him >
what everybody is looking forward to is micky smiths new film called a,b,c you can see a small clip from the film if you go to redefynd.co.uk but on friday 25th it has its prem at the sand bar parr sands cornwall so if anyone in the uk or cornwall can get down there then it sould be a good night

just before i go i see everyones put pics on here of them selfs so if you what to see what i look like then look at the latest pics on kernowbodyboarding .co.uk [click on harlyn watershots] im on the white board . its was only about a 1ft but matt from kernowbodyboarding wanted to test his new camara

stay stoked

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
booger
Pro

Member #: 1324
Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 20-6-2005 at 11:13 Reply With Quote
yeah i heard about his new vid, is that the one where he documents the trip with brendo,crashy and harry, read about that trip in rippy, wheres all this british talent u fellas been on about need to use aussies haha, jokin fellas
yeah i highly doubted visions would have been out there
whats your job with threesixty is that a british mag?

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 20-6-2005 at 15:48 Reply With Quote
Nice pictures wez, and a cool website by the way.

Yes Threesixty is our main UK bodyboard mag...in fact i havent seen another bodyboard mag in the UK other than Threesixty.

Lol booger, maybe mickey smith has gone for all the Aus people this time because his other two bodyboard movies (including the recent "Against the Grain" DVD) concentrates a lot on UK spongers: talent, underground, UK spots etc.

But i cant wait for a,b,c

wez
Hot shot

Member #: 545
Posts 48

Mood: happy as larry

posted on 20-6-2005 at 20:33 Reply With Quote
yer thats right booger he did use the ozzy lads , but wait till you see the uk section on there then you will see way there spent so long over here

stay stoked

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 21-6-2005 at 09:00 Reply With Quote
what kinda waves does this cornwall place have, beachies, points, wedges, reefs?? cause by the way you guys carry on about it it is the best place in the world. i would consider surfing there if surf cranked, if it didnt it is not worth punishing my balls in minus 200 degree water. Is it offshore the prevailing wind round there or do u have to hit it super early for land breezes?
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 22-6-2005 at 11:36 Reply With Quote
A lot of the time Fistral Beach, Newquay ("UK's number 1 surf beach") is messy without any face, but it is in a weird place really, its situated on the upper side of the thinish land that sticks out bottom left of the country, near "Lands end"...therefore it does get some prevailing wind for offshore conditions.

Although the waves are usually whitewater and not tall. In the summer the place sucks because too many people go for "the surf", winter its supposed to be good.

"three world class sets of peaks, Fistral is the place where all the major UK competitions are held. Its fame makes itn a consistent crowd puller, although in summer it turns into a mad house. Colder, bigger winter swells thins the crowds. All spots pick up swells and are known for peaky, tubing left and rights. Low tide barrels have made the North side end so famous."

The offshore wind is perfect when comming from the SE, the beach and bottom is sand and has all tides.

You can find some nice pics of its perfection here:

http://www.fluidconcept.co.u k/surf-spot/break-details.asp?fccountry=UK&fregion=Cornwall&ID=9#

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 29-6-2005 at 08:27 Reply With Quote
what does the waves are usually white water and not tall mean? or messy without anyface??
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 30-6-2005 at 11:40 Reply With Quote
When the waves dont break well or dont curl.
Usually in bodyboarding we guys do it properly by riding along the face of the wave with the lip breaking...then you always see the tourists doing the fun style of bodyboarding, which isjump on your board when some whitewater comes.
So when the waves dont form a face and they are small you cant really class it as real bodyboarding.
Heres a pic of a load of whitewater, the waves aren't forming a face so you cant ride along the face.

[Edited on 30-6-2005 by Airborne]

Airborne has attached this image:

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 30-6-2005 at 11:41 Reply With Quote
you also cant ride these waves on a bodyboard "proffesionally"

Airborne has attached this image:

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 1-7-2005 at 11:37 Reply With Quote
how shit are those waves, post the 2nd one in the longboarding forum on here and all the old mal riders will get full stoked n shit (small waves + spilling wave = pure gold for longboarders)
hows the waves over there at the moment??
if they were crap today i thought id rub it in cause here was cranking today so many heavy, clean, peaky beachie barrells to awsome air bowl so so so good! and tomorrow is looking just as good!!
get this pic into ya from today (i didnt surf here but surfed another beachie which was just as good)
[IMG]http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2672/01jul003big5rj.jpg[/IMG]

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 1-7-2005 at 12:05 Reply With Quote
lol

The waves are a bit better at 2-3 foot in Croyde, but everywhere seems to have died down a bit like the pictures i posted. That's pretty much all we get in the UK during the summer, although if your lucky enough to be there when it goes off then its great.

I think we apprecaite surf and swell a lot in the UK when it does arrive due to the longer waits.

Those waves on that pic you posted look great, nice shape and a good looking ride, how often does it work like that over there?

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 2-7-2005 at 07:59 Reply With Quote
waves like in the pic i posted are rare, but this year has possibly been the best year for surf in ages and we have had a couple of days like that ever 2 weeks on average, today was even better surface conditions wave shape but lost abit of size, i saw this awsome pic of burlz one of the best pics ive seen in ages (burlz is one of the points that co hosts the asp world surfing tour event on the goldy each year)
[IMG]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6905/02jul007big1sd.jpg[/IMG]

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 2-7-2005 at 12:21 Reply With Quote
that looks sweet!

Every 2 weeks is not bad, not really sure about the UK's consistancy, maybe about once every month...dont quote me though

We usually have to wait until winter arrives before we get some decent size.

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 5-7-2005 at 07:20 Reply With Quote
yeah same here, winter is definately our best season for swell/wind with the prevailing wind in winter being westerly (dead offshore) with average of 2ft+ swell most days but its cold, summer is better for warmth but definately winter for surf consistency. summer is good sometimes in cyclone season for massive surf for the points.
but today was small and onshore so we need the winter patten to return, i want good waves again

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 5-7-2005 at 14:29 Reply With Quote
lol patience booger just think of how long us Brits have to wait. Most of us go abroad for our waves, including me in the summer...mainly France.

Im debating whether the cyclone season sounds a good thing (because of the surf) or bad (because of the cyclones) hehe...we dont get any cyclone's/hurricane's/tornado's. I've heard that we get some swell if its been really hot over in america and it travels over the sea to us, and sometimes becomes a stormy swell. Of course theres also that Atlantic current thingy, but im not sure if that has an affect on swell we recieve.

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 7-7-2005 at 10:59 Reply With Quote
cyclone season is awsome for here, i love it when a cyclone comes but all the north qlders would hate it. the actual cyclones dont come down this far south mainly hit up around cairns (sorta near barrier reef) and cause destruction and flooding but whip up massive swells which hit the sunny/gold coasts and usually are accompanied by SE winds which is offshore for all the points which can get up to 4m+ and burleigh/supabank still hold the swell of this size, some crazy local boogers surf south stradd which is a death wish but if u are there to witness it it is the best display of boogin you will ever see in real life,
but all the north qlders would have been laughing at us last week cause the goldy was almost completely flooded from 390mm of rain in half a day. but they wouldnt be laughing now cause we got belted in origin last night by nsw but atleast i got blind n absorbed the sorrow haha.

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 7-7-2005 at 15:10 Reply With Quote
Good job the cyclones dont reach you, sounds good conditions for some massive surf.

Spongebob Wilko
Grommet

Member #: 1423
Posts 6

Mood:

posted on 16-8-2005 at 17:57 Reply With Quote
iam on a hubb 42.5 and churchill fins, still trying to find the orange spot vipers gettin close now though got a contact in Oz
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 17-8-2005 at 01:10 Reply With Quote
u must be one big unit riding a 42.5 and mate ditch the vipers, churchills shit all over them for like half the price,
and my mate has a 2nd hand pair of orange dot vipers (he cant even sell them) wore them for like 3 months and claims they are the shittest fins hes used now usues churchills and says he is never changing

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 17-8-2005 at 19:57 Reply With Quote
yeh i tried on the orange spot vipers to see if i would buy them, they're supposed to give a lot of thrust but are apparantly so uncomfortable, im surprised jeff hubbard can wear them, im a bit unsure about this: is the "hubb" board named that because hubbard uses it? and if so is that why you want vipers as well as a hubb board cbecause he uses vipers?...it seemed to me like yellow is large size and orange is medium, but i may be wrong.
Recently bought some hydro tech 2 fins, although they're are super comfey with good drainage, i think the thrust is just the same as my old fins. Maybe it's time to get some Churchill Makapu's and try it.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy