Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 22nd June 2008 Diary Entry by preacherman.
krafty

Member #: 3052
Posts 1

Mood: waiting for wind

posted on 23-6-2008 at 22:06 Reply With Quote
Re: 22nd June 2008 Diary Entry by preacherman.

On 22nd June 2008, preacherman wrote:

quote:
Windsurfing: Bexhill
Wind Direction: SW
Wind Stength: F5-7
Surf / Sea State: bumpy
Air Temperature: warm
Sea Temperature: ok
Weather: sunny

Pitched up at about 10.30 to find usurf and about five others having a ball on 5.3's. Rigged in a hurry and hit the water with my 5.0 and Syncro. Had a ball for a couple of runs; the sun was out, I was going to do a loop if it killed me, the ramps were great and I was scoring 5 or 6 big jumps on every run out, I was very well powered up, but not overpowered - everything was perfect.

Then went to unhook for a gybe and couldn't - wierd . Looked down and my spreader bar had snapped and the line had got into the hook and was well and truly stuck. Bummer, no spare, but I figured I could borrow one, so plopped into the water and had a few uncomfortable moments under the sail trying to shift the line out of the hook. Resurfaced with the line clear and my heart sank. I saw the tell tale crack coming round from under the board onto the deck. I quickly turned the board over - it's f*cked - completely. The reason I know this is that this is the second f*cking Syncro I've broken. Do they make them from tissue paper? I don't even remember a hard landing.

I sailed back in and usurf sorted me out with another spreader bar (top man ) then headed out on my wave board to try to cheer me up. The wind dropped for about 15 mins so I then had to spend about half an hour slogging back upwind before it kicked in again.

PaulP turned up at that point and by then things were ok again, despite my new impoverished state (assuming I wish to continue to windsurf). usurf was having a break so had a go on his usurf 84 and thought it was a cracking board. Really easy to sail and not as new gen as I was expecting.

Sailed through high tide and the water state was pretty confused, but it was sunny and I was having fun. At some point I changed down to my 4.5 and was still way overpowered on that. Then the supersuit and the Cooden massive pitched up having had by all acounts a fantastic time at Camber. I was knackered so packed up, but I reckon they will have scored another peach as the tide was finally dropping.

Good day , because it was sunny and windy.

Bad day, because of my broken kit and somehow I've got to make a decision about what to buy now. Any suggestions anyone. Just want a board like the Syncro (because it was the best board I've had), but one that doesn't break when you use it.

I was very taken by the usurf though. Anyone interested in an 06 WaveCult 76?

you know i can help you with this dilema ..... and there is the benefit of a large toybox to test kit too .... perhaps i'll just pick one to save you the torture of making a decision ..LOL

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy