Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 12th September 2004 Diary Entry by Harry.
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 13-9-2004 at 05:46 Reply With Quote
Re: 12th September 2004 Diary Entry by Harry.

On 12th September 2004, Harry wrote:

quote:
Windsurfing: Avon beach
Wind Direction: SW
Wind Stength: Up and down
Surf / Sea State: Flat/chop/some small waves
Air Temperature: 17¬?C
Sea Temperature: 18¬?C
Weather: Overcast/showers

Wind soon came back after that though, and like yesterday was best of all right at the end. Some waves started popping up on the sand bar as the water was receding with the tide, so good for jumping. And I went for my first 2 forward attempts oh yeah!!!!! Well....I'll kid myself that they were proper attempts, but in fact they were pretty pathetic. The approaches were fine, jumped no problem off the wave out of the harness, but thing is I was concentrating so much on just psyching myself up to go for it I sort of forgot to do the technique bits, i.e. sheet in properly and tuck my legs up! Result was a sort of splat forward into the water on my side having hardly rotated at all. Bob said it sort of looked like a crap table-top forward attempt cos I kept my back leg straight and dragged it up behind me, instead of tucking up under my bum. Still, I'm calling them loop "attempts", feel like I've cracked the mental fear barrier now and can't wait to try them again!!!

So another solid 4.5 session eeeexxcellent. Again not the perfect session, several not so good bits, but big plus points included really feeling I've got my outside gybes sorted (even properly planed out of one oh yeah!).....and of course those forward attempts. Nice one.

Wooohooo... Nice one. I had a couple of attempts yesterday as well. Didn't make any of them this time and was being a little cautious as I was out on all new kit, having destroyed it all on my last loop attempt.... It still feels good though doesn't it.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Harry
Hot shot

Member #: 186
Posts 32

Mood:

posted on 14-9-2004 at 09:59 Reply With Quote
Hoping to sail at Hayling this afternoon - psyching myself up already to go for the loops again - although a tad concerned it might be survival conditions and not looping weather - 30 knots there at the mo and my smallest sail is a 4.5!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy