Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Missed...Two good days in a row!
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 28-10-2004 at 16:37 Reply With Quote
Missed...Two good days in a row!

Yesterday was mad here, 35-40 knots cross-offshore winds. It looked pretty dodgy, if it had been dead offshore it wouldn't have been too bad as I could have stayed in close to shore and had runs parallel to the beach, but the Southerly in it would have meant going a little way out on each run. I was going to go for it anyway, so went for a pre-session toilet visit... Those of you who don't know, there are no mains drains here, so at the moment we don't have a proper toilet or use of water in the house, so we have a portaloo in the back-garden. It felt pretty breezy in there, and then a big gust came and the whole portaloo moved across the garden a bit, with me in it!!!.... After that slightly worrying experience, I decided better about going out!. I hate to think what would have happened if it had toppled over with me in it, especially as it would have landed on the door, trapping me inside it.

Today the surf was pumping and the cross-offshore winds would have produced some perfect down-the-line frontside wave-riding ( a rare occurence). Unfortunately Ante-natal class and grocery shopping go the better of me... Lets hope theres surf tomorrow as well.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Jonny
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 394
Posts 308

Mood: waitin for the next blow!

posted on 28-10-2004 at 22:55 Reply With Quote
You gotta get out tomorrow Al. Zero wind for the weekend so no playtime. Its a real pain in the arse as ive been workin all week lookin forward to the weekend and then no wind forecast. Gotta find something else to do to entertain myself
justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 29-10-2004 at 05:46 Reply With Quote
Theres always that avatar of yours.... That should be plenty of entertainment for a windless weekend.

Al.

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 29-10-2004 at 06:41 Reply With Quote
The surf yeaterday was trully massive, the grave yard was double over head+, I bombed it up to a secret spot, but the swell was to southerly for it, Gutted. Maybe well get a wave today. Good to see you doing your husbandly duties any way Al, especially as disagreeing with a pregnant woman is potentially more dangerous than any of the sports we do!! ( trust me I know).

Hi Anna.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

badexcuseforasailor
A Force-of-Nature ***

Top Poster 2003

Member #: 116
Posts 846

Mood: wheres the wind?

posted on 29-10-2004 at 15:51 Reply With Quote
I was stuck in work looking at the wind out side too
Only saving grace was the amout of east in it which would make it gusty and horrible at brog.

That must of been one scary ride in a moving porta loo. I remmber seeing a video on the net of someone being tipped over in a porta loo, not a pretty sight.
Didn't they do a porta loo stunt in Jackass too?

http://brogboroughlake.windsurf.me.uk/

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 29-10-2004 at 17:37 Reply With Quote
Yep... Should have put a diary entry in for that. I hate to think what would have happened if it had toppled over and I'd ben stuck in there!

Al.

Jonny
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 394
Posts 308

Mood: waitin for the next blow!

posted on 29-10-2004 at 18:44 Reply With Quote
I'l b stayin in with my avatar for the weekend. Could u add another section to the diarys section for avatar fondling! When I worked on a building site a few years back; one lad we all didnt get along with went to the portaloo so we all had a prime opportunity to get him and rock it whilst he was releiving himself. The other lads i was prattin around with went too far, they pushed the thing on its side and he was covered in piss! very funny but also very harsh! didnt see him again after that, he quit immediately. The boss didnt have a clue and was puzzled to why he jacked in.
Well, as theres no wind tomorrow, im of to the pub to get super pissed up.

[Edited on 29-10-2004 by Jonny]

rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 29-10-2004 at 19:34 Reply With Quote
blimey a baby al on the way. good stuff! let's hope he/she has anna's looks though, eh?!?

congratulations to you both!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy