Author: Subject: VW Van details
SeanBo
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 135
Posts 337

Mood: Optimistic!

posted on 6-2-2005 at 20:59 Reply With Quote
VW Van details

Now that we have a youngster to look after I think I have to bite the bullet and get some form of campavan (ok so I am going soft and am hankering after some shelter when I am changing, especially on those cold winter days!!!).

Thigs is there are two problems;-

1) Very limited parking at home

2) No cash.

I thought I could resolve the cash issue by buying a (very) old VW and running it on fumes where possible. As I live close to the sea it will not be covering many miles and I have AA cover and a car well capable of towing it home if required.

So that leaves me with parking. Ironically I have a garage that I could use....but I am not sure if it would go in. The roof is pitched so not a problem, but the door is a standard 'modern house' style garage door and looks mitey small.

To add to my dilema, I would love a van with a pop-top (is that the right expression?). Anyone with a VW van (hard top or otherwise) that could comment or could post dimensions??????

PS - before you all get excited, I really don't have much cash so don't go offering me your van unless you are willing to sell for a couple of old buttons and apiece of lint (i have yet to advertice some stuff on e-bay to raise the funds)

Ta

Is there wind on the way??

col123
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 405
Posts 1022

Mood: who needs wind anyway

posted on 15-2-2005 at 19:42 Reply With Quote
i used to have a non-pop top vw bay window and it would fit in my garage, but dont know about size of modern rabbit hutch houses

To Infirmary and beyond..

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy