Author: Subject: Borth this weekend
Rhys

Member #: 428
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 3-11-2003 at 19:36 Reply With Quote
Yes!!

hi guys
i've been sailing in bala for a while and yesterday (sunday) was the most amount of windsurfers i've seen there in a long while. Probably something to do with the lack of SW's!!!! Anyway, i was super chuffed cos i got out on my mistral shift (did anyone here notice me? if so hi! )for the first time since buying it in May and I wasn't all over the place either (some might say otherwise). I had a super day. Glad to see there is such an active bala/borth crew!! i'd really like to sail borth, how far from bala?

cheers
rhys

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 4-11-2003 at 06:38 Reply With Quote
Its about a 40-50 minute drive from Borth to Bala (so I guess its the same the other way!!).

You'll be able to sail in more wind directions, the wind will be les gusty, there can be waves if you want them and the water is warmer!!

See you soon.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

AndyW
A Force-of-Nature **

Walk Of Shame Award 2003 & 2004

Member #: 168
Posts 382

Mood:

posted on 4-11-2003 at 09:57 Reply With Quote
Sorry Rhys, I don't recall seeing you out there but like you said there were a lot of people out on Sunday!

It was a bit gusty. I can recommend Borth especially the estuary to start with. The wind is cleaner, the water is warmer and I think you improve faster if you sail there.

Where do you travel from. I go to Borth via Welshpool, Newtown etc and it only takes me about 20 minutes longer than going to Bala but it depends where you're starting out from.

Definiately give Borth a go. Ask here for advise on tides / wind etc and I'm sure there will be one of us around to sail with.

Dave
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 15
Posts 388

Mood: Hey Ho

posted on 4-11-2003 at 17:00 Reply With Quote
Hi Ryhs,

I used to have a lot of fun at Bala, no tides, and little chop.

If you are considering the Estuary have a look at the tide times, as you need to sail 2 hours either side of high tide.

Al posts the times on the Home page, so this is always the best place to start. And to tell everyone else you are coming, (its nice to sail in a crowd)

The Estuary works best in NE winds but is ok in other directions, particularly when there are mast high waves on the front , you wouldn't want to lose your rig would you....

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Dave]

borth-rowing-club.org.uk
borthlifeboat.org.uk

Rhys

Member #: 428
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 5-11-2003 at 19:19 Reply With Quote
hi
what were you sailing on AndyW? maybe i saw you. i'll wear a chicken suit next time, i'm sure a lot of people will recognise me then. I live in Ruthin which is a good half an hour away from Bala. Does anyone else always seem to manage to get behind slow drivers/caravans/tractors on the way to bala or is it me being unlucky, unbelieveably annoying. Everyone seen the new pictures of rhosneigr from Sunday on windsurf.co.uk, looked fun. Also, is everyone having problems with the boards website?

hwyl
rhys

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 5-11-2003 at 20:47 Reply With Quote
Rhys.... AndyW has posted an entry in the diaries on this site... He was sailing a 113 litre Mistral Flow and a 5.3m Arrows Trixx.

I haven't been able to get to the Boards Website either.

Hopefully we'll see you here in Borth soon.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

AndyW
A Force-of-Nature **

Walk Of Shame Award 2003 & 2004

Member #: 168
Posts 382

Mood:

posted on 6-11-2003 at 11:36 Reply With Quote
Rhys,

The Trixx was yellow and the Flow was blue if that helps.

The traffic, well you either set off earlier before the Sunday drivers wake up or you over take them or both!

Clearly the risks take when overtaking are directly proportional to the wind strength and adrenaline levels in anticipation of a good session.

<<  1    2  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy